Sunday, August 12, 2007
New Wild West Alpha
So! I did get to play today... 2 1/2 hrs later, this is the result. Supplies: SU Wild West Alpha stamps (the star stamp is also from these set - talk about a bonus!); all papers are from the July Self-Addressed kit; star brad: Queen & Co; 'hi' rubbons also from the July Kit; MM hardware; SU ink. Self-Addressed has a website, go take a peak! The majority of my time was spent messing with my new alphas.
I got the new SU Wild West alphabet (stamps) about a month ago. Love 'em! So many ideas for these babies.. coloring them in, etc. But, I had to be a smarty pants and decided I was going to make them 'unmounted' on ezmount foam instead of attaching them to the wood blocks they come with.. I thought it would be easier to line them up if they were on a block, bypass the stamp-a-ma-jig process.
I had two sheets of red rubba. The first sheet mounted nicely, and I snipped each letter out. Then I 'did lunch' (homemade tamales my friends! Courtesy of 'The Ramons' - Ramon works for us and we call his entire family 'The Ramons'). Came back to the 2nd set, snipped a few alphas, and thought, boy these are sticky little suckers, as I was attaching them to a binder sheet. Doh! They were not on the ezmount, just the SU sticky stuff... So, sometime later, got all my alphas cut right, mounted right, and a pair of sticky scissors..
After a few dry runs, Miss Smarty Pants found out that the alphas on a block are spaced too far apart. Even when squished up against each other! So, had to bring out the stamp-a-ma-jig after all. Still need some practice!