Monday, December 17, 2007

Advent - Day 17.. Deep Breaths!

Slight panic... only got 2 things done on my 'to do' list today....

The bad news is it looks like I have to drive to Boise again, twice, between now and Christmas... ARG! This was not in my schedule... I still have 1 beef and a bunch of patties and hotdogs to pick up..for trip number 1. Never mind that I found out today that the hotdogs have NOT been packaged! Woah! That's not exceptable.. Loose dogs in a box??? GADS... wonder when this will all be sorted out? How long will it take? I was supposed to go back like, tomorrow or Wednesday!

Oh, but that's not all.. I got another call. This was a surprise. The sausage/salami guy wants to meet me either Sunday (5pm in Boise? HECK NO! That means driving in the dark on ice and unloading in the dark at 8pm!!) or Monday... Excuse me? Christmas EVE??? Doesn't he know I am Mrs. Clause and I have a lot on my plate???? Who will take care of the reindeer? Or stuff the stockings? Or get dinner ready for our big get together with the neighbors? Or do all the last minute stuff that did not get done because I was too busy blogging for goodness sakes?
I wasn't expecting the sausage/salami delivery until mid January! Oh boy...

Or, oh Men...

Sorry male readers... but I do have a bone to pick... my guy has been sick since Saturday and can only muster enough energy to read books in a cozy chair by the woodstove... while yours truly is running around like the Tasmanian devil.... Hey! I'm thinking he can drive to Boise twice himself!!! Just driving.. I'll do the heavy lifting when he gets to Baker! It would save at least 12 hours!!! I could get a lot done in those saved 12 hours... He would be saving the day!! Coming to my rescue!! My hero!! Superman! Stud!!! The man of all men! And, he would get out of the house and get some fresh air and scenery!! Truly, a win win situation for everyone.... (Am I convincing enough? Should I spring my plan?)

Thanks for listening... ... I feel so much better..and feel like I did some great problem solving....
Off to get some holiday spirits.. and cook dinner...
fa la la la la!!
(big cheesy grin inserted here)



9 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

LOL Andi - good luck getting Superman off his perch :)

Dawn said...

You crack me up Andi, Your just soo funny. I know what it is like to have a million things going on. I am off tomorrow and going Christmas shopping. I hope to be ahead of the game after tomorrow..lol

ScrappyPam.com said...

Goodness - how could your husband resist such a plan? LOL

reflections:0) said...

The Stud needs to get out and blow the stink off himself....LOL

Driving is a good thing right... He can sit in the rig with the X-mas music and heat on....

Or, he can make the dinner and wrap all the gifts, clean the house, stuff the stocking and feed the deer....hehehehe

If I lived closer I would help ya out....:0)

Flexie:0)

*karendianne. said...

Scrappypam.com is funny. I'm with her - how could Dick resist such a plan? hee!!!

In the meantime, I think Mrs Claus could use an extra elf with a drivers license. I'll see what I can do about manifesting one of those fer ya. Think Mr Sausage/Salami could cope with an elf at delivery time?

Sandy said...

Now that's a plan for healing if I ever heard one! A drive to Boise, just what the Dr ordered---want me to write a scrip you can give him? lol!!!

Breathe, girlie, breathe! :)

Lisa Renéa said...

Andi-YOU get my vote for busiest gal in 2007! Whoa, I don't know how you do all of this! I'm wore out after reading! LOL.

Jacqueline said...

You are unbeatable in being funny - so you live near Boise, the west side of the States - gives me a clearer picture now. Your fun-loving character will bring you through all this!

Lauren said...

Loose dogs in a box??? GADS...

Oh vey... my heart goes out to ya, but I must say, this defintely brings a funny pictures to mind! :)

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...