Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Card - Featuring the 'Always' Set, and the Weather Report

The Stampin' Up Always Set - Fun Stuff!

I played a bit yesterday... Boy, do I 'love' this stamp set.. I am 'so into' flourishes and natural goodies... I used 4 stamps on this card (The bird, Always circle, floral spray and little flower that I turned into brads (with the Build a Brad Set)) which are all from the Always set, along with more stamps that I will be sharing later!

This card was an after thought from a layout I was making... I am working on a Love book/journal... just some putterin' in the craft room!

Card Recipe and Supplies Used:
  • Stampin' Up (SU) Always Set
  • Collage Press patterned paper (pp) (I stamped the bird, Always and little flowers on pp, and the black scallop is also from pp) - from the January Self Addressed Kit
  • Black ribbon from Ginny's Small Studio RAK (Thank's Ginny!)
  • Green Organdy Ribbon - SU
  • Build a Brad Set - SU
  • SU scallop and circle punches
  • Bazzill Basics cardstock - Green Tea
I entered this card in the 'use your stamps with patterned paper' challenge at the 2peas stamping board. The challenge closes Feb. 3rd.

Thanks for looking!

Today's Weather Report: More Snow and Windy... hasn't stopped since about noon yesterday.. We have some 'mondo' drifts in the driveway.. Dick got stuck with his 4WD truck at 7 am when he left to feed the critters.. He had to dig it out... I dug out the dog kennels and chicken house doors... while snow and wind blasted my face...

One rooster was stranded on the deck all night.. Not sure why he was separated from the rest of the group.. Poor guy! Jake and I 'rescued' him and took him back to the chicken house....


6 comments:

Dawn said...

I still can't get over goldie. I am sooo sorry. Glad to see you finally created a card...lol...Hope to see more of your art soon..

Hugs, to Jake.

Sue McGettigan said...

Andi that's such a pretty card - that stamp set is at the top of my must-have list!

You have to be so strong for the ranch life, I really admire the way you and your family work so hard and stick to it!

Tami B. said...

I've been looking at that stamp set. Love what you did with it. So sad to hear about Goldie, she was such a pretty hen. Love the stories of your ranch life, getting caught up with you tonight.

Sandy said...

Sweeeeet card, what a great stamp set! Was it inspired by the stray rooster? lol.

*karendianne. said...

I love this one EXTRA maybe because of the ribbon and plus - well - I just love that color. Very pretty.

Kerilou said...

Very nice card! SU should put it in the catalog!! Love the color with the black!! Keri

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...