Click Here to See Poster!
So, what's this all about you ask? Well, my friends... I am 'one of those moms' that helps at my kids school in the classroom and, um, I am active in our PTCO... aka begging for money for our school via fundraising..and events..
The Run Down: A few 'mom's of our itty bitty school (and spouses!) have been working for months to prep for tomorrow.. no kidding... Yours truly is the raffle & auction Chairman! Good thing I recruited a Co-Chair, or I would have had a nervous Type A breakdown.... we started in September...
Yesterday 'we' sold $802 in raffle tickets at our local Albertson's Grocery Store (uh, 17 miles away) in just 3 hours! HOT DOG! I mean, CHILI DOG! Our kids were awesome little salesmen.. some a little aggressive.. just like those big city car sales types... we had to ask most of the boys several times to 'stand back' from the doors and let people come in! Testosterone, eh?
AND, thank you to all my super duper friends, relate-ables and customers that answered my 'plea' for raffle ticket sales yesterday... I took in $109 today! Yippers!
it's amazing when you think we can do this for a student body of 80 kids, and in a county with the total population of 16,000! Think about that my city friends ... Baker City has 10,000 people, and that is THE BIG city to our little Haines... Haines has about, oh, 400?
Here's my to do list over the next 24+ hours - just in case you think I am painting my nails!, Oh, and this has to get done despite the snow storms we are having! :
- Soak roaster of pinto beans (check!)
- Cook roaster of beans (tomorrow am, 3 hrs)
- Get Dickster to start working on his SEXTON RANCHES SUPER HOT Chili Recipe (whose ingredients I had to drive through a blizzard today to get!!)
- Go to Baker and Haines and pickup all the ticket sales packets from local businesses (tomorrow, 11am)
- Go to school, setup raffle items, raffle tickets sales and deliver cooked beans (12:30 tomorrow)
- Come home? Only if they let me!
- Back at school at 4:30 pm..
- Sell raffle tickets, 5-5:30 pm
- Announce raffle winners
- Introduce BELLA TEAM! Big Ol' Check Photo Op! (BELLA is a super cute Gourmet store in Baker that is donating $500 for our new indoor climbing wall! - BELLA also sells Sexton Ranches meats...)
- Live Auction - 6pm
- More raffle winners
- Wrap up at 7pm
- Did I remember to eat? Don't know....
- Sip wonderful tasty drink that another mom gifted to me! WINK!!!
- Go home...
- Start all the thank-you certificates, press releases etc. next week (A girl has to watch the Super Duper Bowl and compare 'notes' with little sis Paula via phone lines!)
Thank you to all of you that helped with this event!