Friday, April 18, 2008

Beep Beep! We're the Sheep!


And REAL Sheep with Jessie
(Grass is just starting to grow - we have had a LONG winter!)

So... I've been invited to a double baby shower.. Not a baby shower for one mama expecting twins, but a shower for two mamas both expecting one baby one week apart from each other. These gals are moms from our school PTCO group.. Now, the gal in charge requested we each do a quilt square, one per mom, of something that is somewhat about our lives... So, I chose sheep. Unfortunately, my sewing machine is kapoot so I only got one square hand blanket stitched in time for the April 15th deadline... The party is May 10th... The gal in charge is going to put all our squares together so each mom has a quilt. Rumor has it there are about 40 of us! That's quite a huge quilt for a baby!

Whatcha think of my sheep squares? This is my idea of quilting..simple. I'm more the appliqué type of girl. Just 2 squares.. That's my limit. Sami on the other hand had to get in on the action...(so I got to assist - iron her goodies, etc.). She has about 4 squares done... She just cracks me up. That girl is an inspiration to her old momma...

The other day, driving home from the school, the kids and I stopped to take photos of some of our sheep and Jessie and Betty the goat. Unfortunately, you can't see Betty.. She's a sly gal. The funny thing was she was butting sheep, and playing in the ditch... Wish you could see her!

Isn't Jessie just a sweet faced doggie? Rumor has it he was 'busted' playing with a coyote.. Keep in mind, he's supposed to be a guard dog, protecting sheep from coyotes, as in chasing them, fighting with them and getting them out of here.. Not frolicking with them! This report came from our hired hand... one guard dog and one coyote... playing together..

Well, perhaps his approach is 'get them with honey'. I knew he had a good heart!

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Ha! Jessie. Sweetheart.

Absolutely LOVE the little sheep you did. WOW! That's great work. This is going to be such a great quilt(s) for these mom's. What thoughtfulness.

It must be really amazing to watch YOURSELF be inspired by your child. Not being a parent myself, I would just think that to be a neat experience.

Amazing Love, *karendianne.

Dawn said...

I love these. Love that little sheep. Toooo Cute.

noble pig said...

You are so creative and I am so jealous! Where did all your talent come from? What great work, they will love them.

Sandy said...

Great sheep!! What a cute idea.

And that's funny about the "guard" dog playing with what he's guarding. I think Ciara would do the same...

ginny said...

Oh, I think your sheep squares will really please the new mums. Andi, I love your wide open spaces photos. Keep 'em coming!

Tami B. said...

Fantastic quilt squares and so wonderful that your daughter has joined in. Ok, but I read down on your posts I missed this week...I'm still giggling about the mouse and can't imagine what you went through about the fire. Scary.

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...