Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Boy!!!! Full Speed Ahead!

The PreParty Party!
Friday night was the Festival of Trees in Baker City.
See the bid number? I wrote 'do not use' on it!
Just a reminder!!!

Grandma Pat and Me!
Why yes, I did get a new haircut!
Thanks for noticing!!!

Hello All!

Well, the holidays are rumored to be here in 18 days. Each morning the kids race to the advent calendar to move the star one day closer to Christmas. On school days they have to be fully dressed before getting this honor!

My lovely mother Pat was here for a few days and we had a blast! She was my date at a huge Gala in town on Friday night, and yesterday she helped us cut down our Christmas Tree.

Dick has been gone for a few days, and the kids and I are on a constant chore fest. We moved the sheep without incident on Friday - with the exception of the Llama throwing a fit! A certain someone forgot to tell us about 2 hot wires along the base of the fence and the Llama was having no part in touching them. Sissy La La..

Today, I spent hours dedicated to trimming the tree, and working on our 2009 Calendar. Thank goodness for our Mexican Hot Cocoa. This year we picked a fir, and boy, are my fingers sore! Ouchie!

And, a snow storm is (finally!) trying to grace us with it's presence... We haven't seen snow since October. Let's get this snow party started!

My December Daily project is just not turning out very daily! I'll share that later!

Take Care,
Andi

16 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

You have been busy! Looks like a fun busy for the most part....
Your new Du is cute!

Sue McGettigan said...

Well Andi, you are very beautiful, and now I can see where you got that from :) Have a good time with your Mom visiting, that's a real treat!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I agree with Sue -- and it looks like it's been passed on to another generation....your daughter looks just like you!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful pics - love the new hair do - you look radiant!

ScrappyPam said...

What a lovely picture of you and your mother! Love your hair!

Lauren said...

Lovin the hair... great pix!

ginny said...

It is easy to see where your beauty comes from. Grandmas Pat is a very pretty lady.
What a great idea to auction off decorated trees. I'll bet it was a fun night.
Since the hub is away at one of the busiest times of year, I see why you need a back-up husband.

Suzanne C said...

Sounds like fun! Glad your mom is visiting and before I read the description I knew it was your mom! Love the new haircut! Was wondering what you have been up to as you have been quiet since your Thanksgiving picture.

Vintage Papers said...

Love the photos and your new do! Hope amongst all this busy busy stuff you get some creative time!

Sweet Blessings said...

Hey, I LOVED your new Haircut...you looked beautiful all decked out and ready for a night of fun in town :D How very fun that your Mom could come and you two could enjoy time without the Mr. :D (I Love my husband, but still Love to have my Mom all to myself!!!)! Praying your December is filled with all things good..and some time just for "YOU" too...Sweet blessings!

Tami B. said...

Such a beautiful photo of you and your mom. Love all your ranch stories, sissy la la llama...LOL. The trees are gorgeous.

*karendianne. said...

Festival of Trees feels so magical, Andi. Thank you for sharing this Wonder of Wonders. You all look lovely. Such great family photos. A treat.

A festive posting with lots of love, *karendianne.

Arlene said...

Great photo of you and your mom - she is beautiful... and I LOVE your new hair cut! It's not just a lady's night out - it's Beautiful Lady's night out.

Jenn Biederman said...

Such great pictures of you & your family! You & your momma are beautiful! Enjoy the holiday season, even if it is rushing by so fast!

sideoats + scribbles said...

LOVE your new haircut!! Too cute!!! :)

noble pig said...

You are so beautiful, I love beauty and brains, it's the only way to go.

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...