Sunday, February 1, 2009

Supa Bowl Sunday! Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

Oh boy! Big Game Day!

Background:
I do watch the game.. Every year and mostly 'solo' by myself with my snacks, Coronas, and cell phone handy to call my baby sis Paula at every single commercial break.. We are addicts!

Well, addicts about the commercials and dishin' on the game... and half-time antics... (Remember that one commercial with the guy and his pants handin' down and he was doing that funky walk? I can see him! With that white tank top? Don't ask me what the commercial was for... It was so darn rediculous! But I do remember the dude ..)

For the most part, this is the only game I watch each year! My family tolerates me. They come and visit me and eat my snacks. They check on me, and roll their eyeballs...and mostly wonder if I will be cooking dinner or not! NOT! Chips and dip baby.

This Year's Plan:
OH, but this year will be different! I'm dragging all of them (husband, kids) to a Super Bowl Partay! We will be amongst hosts who also don't watch football except this one day of the year. Ranchers, what can I say.... Agriculture has a way of keeping you busy working outside with no time for couchin' it during the day! The good news is our hosts have 2 kids as well, so the kidlets will be super busy and not bored!

The Snacks:
So, I talked the Dickster into making his 'smokin' hot' chili, and sourdough bisquits. Last night was 'trial run' night. The kitchen was a wreck! Today I am bringing home-made salsa, guacamole, and chips, and Coronas of course. (Next Friday is the school chili feed so Dick is practicing his recipe, as well as our hostess - it's a Chili Dual later today, too!)

Who Cares?
This post is mainly to go on the record to say I am rooting for the Cardinals! Documentation, baby.

I want to get this 'out there' because I seem to be the only Cardinal fan in my hood!
Thank goodness for my little sis Paula... but she is miles away in Missouri.

So, later today, I will be struttin' into a room full of Steelers, with my Cardinal 'We're number One' Finger waving high...

If the cards lose, I will be a gracious loser...

If they win... Watch Out! Everyone will get 'my number one'!!!

Fa la la la la!!!!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Whoo Hoo! We have a family Super Bowl party every year! So I am with you! Don't watch football that much anymore. (Although my hubby and son do!) But this is a big family get together. Enjoy your party!

Christina Hill said...

We are SO not football fans here. We're so very thankful for lots of other channels to watch. lol I my case, I will go in search of new podcasts for my Nano, sit back and enjoy. Hope you enjoy your SuperBowl activities!

Anne said...

Hi, Andi! Hope ya'll have fun at your Super Bowl Par-tay! We watched the first quarter of the game while we were eating dinner, but that's about it... We're not big football fans. Although I'll probably look up the funny commercials on the Web tomorrow! ;-)

Jen said...

I gave you a blogger award because I think you're great! You can check it out on my blog at http://www.whatjensays.blogspot.com

Debra Day said...

Just so you know, the Espinoza home was also rooting for the Cardinals. Awww. But hey, it was CLOSE! I made two different spicy chicken wings, guacamole, dips chips and veggie snacks. We all still had a great time. Like You!

Kelly Booth said...

Your Not alone Andi...i am a Die Hard Cardinal Fan and so sad they lost....
But Loved seeing my Man Larry go for his home run!!
Your hubbys chili sounds yummy ..can I come over?

Tami B. said...

It was a great down to the wire game. Wish I could have been there to share the day with you. So much fun. We grilled burgers with mushrooms and enjoyed all the fun commercials.

glitzen said...

Hee hee, you actually make it sound like fun! I don't watch it, but husby taped it..and kept calling me in to watch the Bud commericials. I am both a horse NUT and a dalmatian NUT so its all good. :)
Sorry your team lost..btw. :(

Stamping Cafe said...

Whoo Hoo! I hope you had a wonderful time with your family! We don't really watch football that much anymore after we have kids, maybe when they are older we can all enjoy it again. :)

I have an award on my blog for you, I hope you don't mind!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...