Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pinewood Derby? Anyone?

OK...

You all remember that gorgeous Wizard Hat of a Cake I made, right? For cub scouts?

well, the humility does not end...

Up next is the Pinewood Derby race.

'We' get to turn a block of wood into a race car.

'We' were sent home from the last cub scout meeting with a box, containing a block of wood and four wheels... That's it folks...


So, I decided to do a little online research....

Man! It's a racket! I can buy plans, tips for making the car 'The Winner', photos of cool paint jobs, accessories!

Oh. My. Word.

I'll take photos soon. I promise. After I get over my shock.

I just had to share.

2 comments:

noble pig said...

I've decided I no longer approve of the derby. After this year's and again the barrage of cars the boys hardly had a hand in making I was annoyed. My kids made theirs themselves but they were of a small, small minority.

Tami B. said...

Oh yes I do recall those pinewood derby days. I think the dad who melted lead to put in the car to weight it was the one that sent me over the edge. A bit of spray lubricant on the thingie that holds the wheels does help the car roll along. Give the kiddo some sand paper and paint. Let him enjoy the process.