Woke to MINUS 5 degrees...today on the 8th. Tuesday.
(Woke to 3 degrees yesterday.. Dang, yesterday was warm!)...
My early am chores:
1. First, got the woodstove going... toasty warm in the house!
2. Went to get 1/2 and 1/2 for my first cup of joe.. Noticed a 'leak' in the kitchen fridge...bottom shelf. Meat not sealed correctly...juice leaked under glass above the veggie drawers. Got to clean the fridge at 5:30am... before that first cup!! Something is not right in the world...
3. Made french toast for kids.
4. Lots of water to be hauled. Filled buckets filled in laundry room, then hauled outside to chickens, dogs. Spilled some on the steps from laundry room to garage... Cheese...
5. Filled 'backup' bunny water bottles so darling daughter has less to do. Save a step? She normally brings in the cold ones, and defrosts them then fills them and goes back out... Tick. Tock.
6. Bunny cages covered with blankets. In the barn. Their water was frozen.. They must be too!
7. A cat got in the house (thanks small son) and got on top of the kitchen window sill and helped herself to scraps (doggy compost) - she made a mess. Greasy yucky mess... Had to break out the windex, clean clean clean. Sigh...
8. Husband hit the road at 7am, won't be back until late...real late. He is taking meat to the sausage man in Mackie, Idaho. Six hour drive one way. Someone has to do his chores!
9. Laundry room smells like diesel. Husband drenched himself in Diesel yesterday (ranch accident) - nearly killed himself - he was under the diesel ranch tank, and unplugged it to drain it... was only to be the 'sludge' at the bottom. The Diesel people had filled the tank, without permission, so gallons of fuel covered him - while he was trying to plug it again with bare hands... Cold fuel. Bare hands... layers of clothing. In one eye, too. His hands hurt from the temperature, and no doubt toxic stuff. The diesel people will be hearing from me today... the washing machine has been going and going - trying to get two loads of fuel covered clothes de-stinked.
10. Scheduled a conference call for next week. Second job stuff... Or, was it third job?
11. Dinner plans changed - scratching the slow cooked meal of lamb shanks for pizza.
12. It's only 8:45 am... but needed 'someone' to talk to!!!!
Please Lord... I'm exhausted... My cup is already full! Or is it 'fuel'?
Off to the elf job I go...
Thanks for listening... Or is it 'tanks'?
(running on 'empty' over here! Just a little punchy - lack of sleep and got fumes!!!)
The good news? The sun is shining... My little piece of heaven...