|Becky Fleck Sketch for 2010 P12 - December|
|Close Up - Fun Embellies: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses rubons, MME Holly Jolly Brad, and Martha Stewart Twine!|
|Close Up #2: More Basic Grey Rubons! I love houses!!!|
|Close Up #3: MME Holly Jolly chipboard trims|
|My Layout: Photo Heavy!!!! (Click on photo to enlarge and see photos!)|
Hello favorite peeps... I am finally sharing with you my December P12 layout! It's been sitting on my crafty desk for weeks.. I even had to dust it to take the photos!
Most of the goods you see on this are Basic Grey (Eskimo Kisses) and My Minds Eye (Holly Jolly). My gosh these two lines are wonderful together!
Photo run down from top left and traveling clockwise:
1. Jake practicing guitar for Christmas Eve's song night
2. The first Monopoly Game of the 'war' - Christmas Eve
3. Christmas Eve snacks: LOVE the Harry and David Pears and apples that I bought for US! We also had home made egg nog, tasty cheeses, tasty cookies, etc.
4. Jake Christmas morning with his 'throwing knives'. They were on his list and his dad got them. Joy.
5. Sami opening her cute white coat that I got her! Christmas Morning
6. Sami's Snowman with his itty bitty arms, milk bottle top nose.
7. Christmas Morning - Opening Auntie Paula's presents!
8. Letters to Santa, cookies, milk
9. Outdoor scene: Our kitty MOUSE by the decor at the front of the drive
10. Our tree (the kids hated this little tree I brought home - it's my size and our ceilings are 20' tall, but heck, if I'm the only one getting the tree, then it's gonna be my size! It looks wonderful)
11. Sami playing with the bears she decorated the window sills with
12. Our wrapping station - everyone grabs their own supplies and goes to wrap
13. Sami on Christmas Eve playing the keyboard - on top of the useless piano
14. Downtown Baker
And, the journaling
Regardless of the snow storms, the ice fog, the below zero frigid temperatures, or even the nasty icy roads and hours spent on the interstate, the days leading up to Christmas seemed a bit warmer and happier than any other winter month!
Sami once again helped decorate the house. She took charge of the stockings and she even setup little bear towns in the window sills. Adorable!
Christmas Eve was my favorite night of all. Our tradition includes singing Christmas songs and having a ‘spread of tasty snacks. Harry & David pears did the trick along with homemade eggnog. Afterward? Monopoly. The game continued into the next day and Christmas night!
The kids wrote sweet letters to Santa. Even though they have crossed the threshold of believing in the man himself, the magic of Christmas lives on in both of them. The next day? After waiting ‘forever’ for Dick to be done feeding the cows and sheep, Jake got his throwing knives, and Sami got her African Dwarf Frogs. To quote Jake, ‘this was a GREAT Christmas!
Thanks for stopping by....