|Moxie Fab Trigger - Hand Painted Towel - Source: Etsy|
this week I my heart caught when I saw the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Farm Fresh.
- I LOVE the colors of the hand painted towel shown above! Winter will not end in our world, for months we have had white and gray. When I saw the trigger prompt something just made my little heart sing with the thought of Spring! And, how sweet that the sun came out so I could capture it on the edge my card! Makes me want to take a cat nap!
- I love the window in the background of the image - so I created my own with linen thread on the top panel. I thought about making my own 'window trim' to make it more window like, but no... the simpler the better.
- Flour Sack Towels. Sigh... I have quite a few in my kitchen. Just plain white. I distressed the edge of the patterned paper to give it more of that 'thready fiber edge' look.
- And, there is just a sweet vintage feel to the image, which I tried to capture with the Stampin' UP set Easter Blossoms. I never would have thought to stamp the silhouette with such a vibrant color!
And... I thought I would share some of the trials and tribulations of attempting to make this card:
1. I wanted to give the silhouette an apron, with orange flowers. I tried a few materials, but nope! Spent too much time trying, and finally stopped.
2. There is a dark blue ink error behind the sentiment panel. The image did not ink completely so I was using a paintbrush with my ink pad. Got a little carried away in one spot! Otherwise you would see more of the image!
Inks, Cardstock, Linen Thead and Stamps: Stampin' UP
Patterned Paper: Sassafras Lass - Cherry Delicious Spring Sprig (a perfect match!)
Thanks again for stopping by:)