Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Core'dinatons NSD Challenge - Small Blessings Layout

Small Blessings Layout - Core'dinatons Cardstock NSD Challenge (click on photo to see details!)

Hello everyone!

Here is another layout for a challenge over at Core-dinations - right HERE which ends tonight, at midnight!  I am so glad they kept the challenge open for a few extra days.  I work full-time and don't have much leisure time!

The Photo: Is of Sami, getting ready for our road-trip to Portland for Spring Break this past March.  She was all packed up and grabbed her cozy teddy bear to keep her company.  So adorable!

The Journaling: In white uniball pen reads 'Sami, I love that at 14 you still cuddle with your stuffed animals.  I'll take that as a small blessing'.

The Goods: Core'dinations Cosmo Cricket Neutrals Collection (light brown panel, dark grey mats,dark grey title, black butterflies), Core'dinations Jenni Bowlin Vintage Brights Collection (main layout cardstock piece with embossed butterflies);  Basic Grey Origins canvas tag and epoxy sticker; Tim Holtz Butterfly grunge board pieces; Kerri Bradford Small Blessings studio cut file.

Tools Used: Silhouette Cameo to cut out title, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, EK Success border punch, Uniball white pen, SU distressing tools, SU sanding block.

Techniques:  I watched the Hard Core videos and loved the use of sanding over grungeboard shapes to create a watermark image; which is what I did with the two butterflies on the right panel, and I lifted the white journaling from one of the videos as well!  I sanded the embossed butterflies on the left side of the main layout.  I also outlined one of the watermark butterflies on the right panel to make it stand out better.  And, I distressed the larger panels, and tore the grey panel at the bottom.  The title is cut with the Cameo.

 Thoughts:  I love these colors together!  They make for a great 'natural' layout, which I am really loving right now.  I love 'touching' this layout!  The cardstock has so much texture... the weight feels like canvas and I really want to hang it on a wall!

Thanks for looking! 


ellen s. said...

This is so awesome! love what you did with the sanding and the butterfly! Thanks for joining us over at Core!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a sweet, sweet picture and layout, Andi!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely picture! Sami is looking so grown up and beautiful! LOve the soft neutrals!