Sunday, July 29, 2012

Oh So Pretty in Pink (plus a flower) - Shabby Tea Room Week #124 Challenge

I had a wedding reception to attend last night at the local golf course.  Oh what a beautiful summer evening with the waxing moon overhead!  The seating was outdoors, and along with the fabulous food, wonderful music, and a great friend I haven't seen for years (she and I were pals during my AAUW years), it was a perfect night to be a 'grown up' (OK, for 2 hours).

The happy couple is in their late 50's or early 60's, both have been previously married, and since they opted out on gifts, I made a card.

Too bad my 'bright idea' didn't launch until an hour before I had to get ready, and thank goodness for challenges to get your creativity flowing! 

I was inspired by This week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room .  Challenge #124 is to use the colors in the photo and add a flower.  Here is the photo:

Shabby Tea Room Week #124
And, here is what I created for the happy couple in less than an hour!

Card Front

Inside

Side View - flowers are hat pins with green glass and pearl flowers

My work area and challenge log (of good intentions!)
See my little log book?  During the week I jot down which challenges I would like to do, and print out the inspirational photos.  Generally, this is as far as I get due to 'life'!

The card? Simple.  No frills.  Just get 'er done.  I have to say, when I look at the other entries, I am blown away by all the shabby details!  You should go look.  Those ladies are downright talented!

Have a Great Day, and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Some 'vintage' Basic Grey  (from the Sultry line)
Cardstock:  Archivers card base, and green is 'unknown'
Ribbon:  Stampin' Up
Butterfly dies: Stampin' Up Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings
Hatpins:  From my stash (came in a scrapbook kit from Midnight Rooster - not sure of the actual source)
Charm:  My stash (gifted long ago from a 2peas friend!)

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

I love your take with Shabby Tea Room challenge! The card is absolutely delightful! I also like how you use a challenge log (with photos,too!)! Hope you are enjoying summer, Andi!The wedding at the gold course sounds FAB and your card is just perfect for it! So glad that you stop by my blog today!

Sandy Ang said...

Love the little vial with flower on the front

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...