Sunday, October 22, 2017

Recap: September's The Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge

So.. you might have noticed a flurry of activity on my blog lately.

My 'back to creating' started back on September 1st, when I started Kathy's Daily Marker Coloring Challenge.

I tried doing this last year as well and only latest a couple-ish days.  I am NOT good at coloring! This year I just kept on trying. 

I am happy to say I participated every single day.

I uploaded my entries to a private Facebook page, and decided to try and put everything here in one post.  Some days I shared full sheets of inked or water-colored pages that were to be used in a card later.  Those I left out. 

My 'aha' moment was Kathy's advice to get in 'at least 5 minutes' each day - and that is what I did.
Each morning, I got up, got my coffee, and parked myself at my craft table before having to start my 'get to work' routine. On some days I did five minutes, others a little longer, and on the weekends, I had the luxury of an hour or two.

Below are a few of the projects I created, which also includes the cards that got sent out to friends or family members that needed a lift or a thank-you.  I will say, that was another benefit of the challenge, making cards and getting them delivered. 

Sympathy Card for the Averett Family

Thank You Card to my Bestie Erin For Hosting our CA Trip  (and for sending the cute cup in the background)

Birthday Card Sent to My Sister Avis

Card for My Son Jake on his Move In Day for College - Along with Cookies

Card for One of my On-Line friends Who Lost Her Beloved Dog

Card for a OLW Friend Who Is Battling Leukemia - and Kicking Ass!

Other Cards Made - Excluding the Top Row - Which are for October Challenges


Card Sent to Sami - With Cookies

Card Sent to my Friend Miss Mallen - Thanking her for our CA Visit

Sharing a Magazine Ad that Prompted the Inspiration for the two cards
Cards for my Cousins and Uncle Joe on the Loss of my Aunt Judy

Thanks for Stopping By!

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...