Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm Thankful For - Snow!! And a New Puppy

Oh boy! We woke to snow! I got up early...5am. I thought I saw 'white' out there in the dark! Sure enough, about 4 inches! It's 6:26am, still too dark to shoot ya some photos...

I woke the kids and my husband... the kids bolted right up! They are excited. Jake has been planning to build a snow cave - it's been one of his goals since June when he saw his dad's 'Book for Dangerous Boys'. The book has all sorts of great boy projects! But, Jake says we need 10 inches...

The bad news is Dick has to drive a load of critters to the Boise Area - 2 beef & 11 sheep, for our next processing project. All natural beef hotdogs and more natural lamb salami and sausages!

Pray he is safe on the roads.. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive. Over the mountains, through cities. I know I wouldn't do it!

Next News: When I was doing chores yesterday, Miley was burrowed in a little hole. I coaxed her out.. and she was snuggling a new puppy! OH my... Miley is the escape artist. She was in a pen and kept digging out and playing with the big boys... hmmm..... now she is a little mommy.

Kids are also excited about the pup! Photos on that later too!

3 comments:

reflections:0) said...

SNOW! Yippeee... I love snow!

And a new pup... I can not wait to see it... This post was almost like x-mas morning...hehehehe

I hope that your DH has a safe trip both ways....

reflections:0)

Kerilou said...

your snow looks beautiful! We have had snow three times now, but it is ugly snow!! And a new puppy?!?! What is better than puppy breath! Can't wait to see the little one! Keri

*karendianne. said...

Yeah! Yippie. Snow. Fun ideas in your midst. I dig it and can't wait to see what the testosterone turks come up with. Prayers for the drive. Skill for sure.

And puppy love, too? What a holiday we are having. :) *karendianne.

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...