The kids have been sleeping in our room for the last three days... They are in heaven. They are having a nice string of slumber party days... It's Christmas Break and a special time for all of us.
Each morning one of the little bodies sneaks out of one of the sleeping bags and slithers into our bed for a snuggle...so cozy!
It snowed yesterday... The kids worked on their gingerbread house and I worked on more cards.. Last night the kids and I went to the church of a friend and watched a couple movies about Christmas, and the meaning of Christmas. It was beautiful... The drive was horrid.. icy roads, but we went slow.. guided by the light of the moon.
This morning I am making my list and checking it twice...
- Hang Stockings
- Make Eggnog for tonight
- Pick out lamb sausages for tonight's fondue party
- Take out lamb salami for tonight's party
- Cut up fruit for tonight's fondue dessert portion of party
- Wrap gifts for our friends - for tonight
- Make cookies to deliver to neighbors
- Make tags for all the gifts I have hidden (big fat cheesy grin right here!)
- Oh.. Leave at 8:00 am and drive to Boise to meet the Sausage Man
But, it's Christmas Eve.. None of the above really matters, does it? What matters are the sweet little bodies that snuggle with us, the songs we sing in the evening, and the comfort of knowing a man named Jesus was born as our Savior, and he is always beside us to guide us.
Have a beautiful day today. Have a wonderful night. And, Merry Christmas.