Come on Spring... I promise to be a good girl... here are my promises to you this garden year (if you show up, that is):
- I promise to mow my lawn before it's a foot tall
- I promise to water the grass and not let it get too stressed
- I will lovingly tend to all potted annuals, instead of letting them die a slow horrid death
- I will trim all the nasty grass/weeds that grow along the fence lines instead of allowing them to get 2 feet tall (note: this is a big promise...)
- I promise to rake and/or pickup the million and one pine cones BEFORE I break out Mr. Deere, instead of my 'usual' pretending I don't see them and thus, mowing over them and praying they don't break a window or knock out one of my kids after I send them flying from under the mower deck...
- I promise not to hit the fences with the front or rear of Mr. Deere, or the dog houses, or flower beds, or the trampoline, or the swing set, or the all the other bazillion objects that ARE IN MY WAY! Including the tree trunks... (hmm, must be why most of them lean - but I will blame it on the North prevailing winds)..