OH boy... life is definitely getting busier! I thought for sure I had posted more often this last week, but nope..
So, here are a few highlights from the past week:
- Sent off a big meat order via 2 day air! That was Monday. Which is also clean the house day.
- Rearranged Sami's bedroom - moved the bed, vanity, desk to create a bigger area! Did some deep cleaning in her world of horse figurines, Hannah/Miley, barbies, scrapbook supplies, little girl makeup, little girl fashion accessories and cute clothes, etc. Sigh.. so many signs of little girl becoming bigger girl.. That was Wednesday. When Jake was home sick on day1. He had a day2 as well.
- I created a card for this week's Hero Arts Challenge. We were supposed to tell our story and use our oldest Hero Arts stamp - my stamp is from 1983 and so far is the oldest posted! Not sure how that makes me feel.. Old? Oldest? Hmm..
- It snowed on May 1st. Yep. Woke to a dusting of snow.
- Had a school PTCO meeting, followed by an evening meeting at our home (Irrigation Ditch stuff) along with a sick child.. along with having to run ranch errands.. all in one day.. that was Thursday.
- Sami and I did the Boise market yesterday.. My alarm did not go off and I bolted awake at 3:30am. (wakeup time is about then).. Needless to say I was 'awake' the entire day! Amazing! What beautiful weather they had! 74 degrees! But came home to clouds and rain and cold.
- Spring is still shy... It rained last night! It's 46 right now. Which means no lawn mowing today. Uh oh. Grass is growing!
- Our first lambs were born last night - twins! Unfortunately, since it rained, I don't think they survived. We can see them via binocs from our 'great room' windows. No sign of movement. Jessie the guard dog is hanging out near them and the mama - to keep the darn puppies from pestering them (good guard dog) - and Jessie has been chasing the Llama Zoe (bad guard dog!)..
- The puppies have been harassing the sheep/lambs/lama/guard dog - which are all in the field south of our house. So early this am the puppies got moved to kennels and 'the chain'. Prison time.
Now, upcoming this week (since you asked) we have a lot going on! May is our crazy month.. Here is a sneak peak:
- Monday: Cinco De Mayo - The Corona Sisters always celebrate across the miles! I have been spying some awesome recipes on Noble Pig's Blog. Margaritas and an awesome salad. I dare you to do the same! YUM! Our CASA is definitely celebrating Mexican style tomorrow night..
- Tuesday: 13th Year Wedding Anniversary.. Oh my!
- Saturday: Dos Bambinos Baby Shower. More margaritas! Remember the baby quilt squares? This is the partay....
- Saturday: MIGHT have to drive to Boise again! Meet the Sausage Man...
- Sunday: Mamacita Day! Our annual tradition... Go to the nurseries, buy plants that I get to water for a month in the garage until the frost season passes, and of course, Margaritas!
- Monday: My big 46th birthday on the 12th... Yep... Must mean.. more margaritas!
- OH! Then Jake's Birthday! May 17th (just margaritas for mommies)...