Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Got Cookies? Eleven Dozen, You Say?

The Chef!
Checking that recipe twice!
She saved me... I was forgettin' to add my egg!
Busted!

Sunday was the whirlwind cookie making day at our house... Sami was our prize cookie artist!

We cranked out 11 Dozen cookies... We have peanut butter cookies, chocolate yummy cookies, and sugar cookies.. Yum! Not sure when we will get the 'Dozens of Cousins' done, or the Pioneer Woman's Spicy Molasses Cookies.. But they are on our list! As well as the cranberry chocolate chip oatmeal goodies!

Yeah, Sunday. Other accomplishments included:
  • I Made a scrapbook page for the Hero Arts Color Challenge (should have stuck to cookies)
  • Met with DH for 2 hours - business meeting (On Sunday? For Pete's Sake!)
  • Cooked all the three meals - it's a blurr. I have no memory of what we ate.
  • Did I nap? I think so! I forget! I love my weekend naps! Did I finish my book? Oh yeah. Rats... I loved that book! The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Snapped some photos of the snow falling
  • Starting to do the Super Freak (as in, uh, when is Christmas, really?)
Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

*karendianne. said...

What great photos of the cookies. So yummy looking. Sami did a great job keeping Mom on track!

I just have to say, as any good Cookie Monster would... These "cranberry chocolate chip oatmeal goodies" sound really yummy. I'd love those directions.

Happy you napped and finished a book, too. That's a good one. I totally enjoyed that one.

Suzanne C said...

WoW! Everytime I think you are doing too much you go and top it! Love the cookie decorations! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your cookie day!

ScrappyPam said...

Your kids have the loveliest smiles! They get that from you, don't they?

Lauren said...

Wow!!!! LOts of cookies! You go girl!! :)

Kelly Warren said...

11 dozen!? yikes! looks like you had a ball though. stay warm out there!

Kelly Booth said...

Wow thats a lot of cookies....
I miss my girls being home to hel with that each year....
I'm not even sure I am going to make any this year!!
Bet it kept the house warm with the oven being on!

Lisa Renéa said...

What a beautiful chef! Your cookies look delicious@

Kerilou said...

11 dozen? That is it? Get off your duff and get to work!!
Cute photos!
Keri

Sweet Blessings said...

Can I borrow your cookie artist??? I still haven't even found time to my holiday baking :(
But, it looks like it was a memory making family-fun filled day at your house...my heart is smiling from just looking at your pictures! Hope you got to sample each of those masterpieces....and that your day is blessed with all things WARM & Good! Sweet blessings!

Sue McGettigan said...

Don't you hate it when you finish a great book, I end up missing the characters!!

The cookies look amazing - great job Sami! I got stuck on the view through the window - look at all that SNOW!!!!

Sending smiles from Sunny So Cal :)

Tami B. said...

Oh my goodness, I wish Sami was here to help with my cookies. She is quite the artist. Look so yummy, too.

Arlene said...

You'll have to hang a sign up - cookie artist at work!

I don't think I've ever made 11 DOZEN cookies ever.... have fun eating the wonderful goodies. :)

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...