With my posts.
Catching Up, filling in the gaps, going for 'it'. (Thanks for the advice!)
Can you identify the Unidentified Baked Object?
Here are a few hints:
- It made it's appearance Thursday Night at my son's Blue & Gold Banquet
- No, it was not made by a child. I made that creation - and, on purpose!
- I left work 3 hours early (to some irritated supervisory staff members dismay) to come home, Bake A Cake, and go back to town to attend a big event -for something very special, in my son's life. A mommy sacrifice. Believe me, someone actually said to me, very angrily 'You're leaving early to bake a cake??? There's more to that story, let's leave it for now.
- My son had a particular request - I tried to make his little boy dreams come true.
- Think, somewhere between Martha Stewart and Sharon Osborn - in terms of my ability when it comes to baking anything that requires 'working outside' the cake box! Building materials, and props, are not my forte in the kitchen.
- It was a HUGE hit with the under 9 age set! My son will be ten soon. He was a skeptic. ALL the little kids wanted to touch it and eat it. Several wanted to 'win that cake'!
Because of #5, my reputation was saved, intact. And we drove home AFTER the event very happily...
Yet, along our drive to said banquet, the following conversation occurred:
Me: Jake, we can leave it in the car if you really don't like it.
Jake: No, that's OK Mom, (I swear I can hear his eyeballs rolling), It's Fine.
Sami: I'll take it in! (Very enthusiastically, coming from the chief decorator's ball court)
Sami: 'Mom? Are you crying?'
Jake: (I can see him through my rear view mirror, popping up to see if I am indeed crying). He must be thinking 'uh oh'. He carried it in. I carried the chili.
Yes, Chili. Another Chili event. (school chili feed was Feb. 6th). I also got up at 4am to prep the chili and put all the ingredients in a crock pot so it would be ready for the event - because, well, I am now a super duper working mom!
And, because of #5, I was the Mom of the Night (well, for some)...
So go ahead, take a guess. What WAS I trying to make?
I'll post the 'look alike' along side this photo in the next post.