Friday, November 6, 2009
Kreative Blogger Award!
I was quite honored to see this little baby waiting for me this morning (um, actually several mornings ago - it's been awhile since I got back to this post!) from my dear cousin Guy... Guy is an artist.. he teaches real Art classes and is working on a few art videos and other fabulous things. He has a studio. A real one that people come to for art shows! Here, why not read about him yourself: Guy's Blog.
Be sure to read his 7 things while you are there... I tell you.. Amazing things!
As a recipient we are to nominate 7 other bloggers, and then list 7 things you may not know about me.
Here are my 7 nominees -Beautiful blogs that I just love love love to see posting new goodies. These blogs are in no particular order. They are also 'newbies' to any nominations from me (meaning, if I nominated you before, then it's not a repeat!).. So, here we go!
Stamper Suz: I love Sue's creations! She shares great techniques and colors and tells us how to do it! Sue is talented. Sue is an Artist. And, Sue is sweet!!!
Glitzen: This Mama lives in AK, home schools, and has a great skill for photography. I love her photos and her stories! She is amazing. And, yes, she scrapbooks...
Mel Stampz: Oh my. Can you say queen of itty bitty details? She also has awesome digi giveaways, and tutorials and just awesome stuff! It's a classroom. I love her blog.
Cath, Etc: This woman can write. She is the Aldo Leopold of now. I love her prose! She also hosts the Moxie Fab World and has a fun kickin' voice on that blog!
MamaCow Creations: One creative Country Gal that cracks me up every time I read one of her posts! She kills me. Warning: Do not have liquid in your mouth when reading her posts.
2HDesign: I forget how I met Lauren! But let me tell you.. I love her blog! From her shares of books, or weather, or her dogs or life. She's another country girl that I just love. She has been taking all sorts of fun classes and I get to 'watch' and learn:) Thanks Lauren for sharing all of it!
Almost Due West: It's amazing how you cross paths with people, isn't it? Well, this lady and I crossed paths via stamping... Then, lo and behold, she moved to Wyoming and started a new blog. I have to tell you.. I LOVE reading her blog! It's 'me' all over again (meaning, when we moved to Oregon w/o friends or family)... It's a lot funnier the 2nd time around, and hopefully, I am helping with the 'this too shall pass' portion of all the mishaps that happen to those of us that for lack of a better way to say it, leave the comfort of our family and friends and make a huge move and fall off the face of 'our past lives' into desolation...and quiet, and wide open spaces...
OK.. now my 7 things.... (which are not so fabulous)...
1. I spend a lot of time thinking. In my head. Creating Stories. I write lots of things and tell lots of stories but they never make it to paper. I have oodles of titles for Novels that just 'pop up' and then I outline all the chapters. Crazy...
2. If you asked me where I would love to be right now... I would have to say someplace with lots of gorgeous blue water, sand, about 75 to 80 degrees, yet not too 'fancy'. I love nature, and the great outdoors, but at times this ranch is 'a little too much nature' for me. Especially when it comes to the Winter. Please. Take Winter away. Or better yet, make it last just one month. Not six... Pretty Please??? OH.. And please give me more daylight. I am not a darkness girl. I like daylight. I like June 21st. I would trade 60 June 21st's for 60 December 21sts in a minute... I think...
3. I love swimming! I love walking! Sometimes I love running!! I used to love biking... And, I love to just contemplate the Universe while drinking a cup of Joe, or doing any of the things I said I love to do... Problem is... I don't do them very often!
4. (oops.. I hit publish.. I'm back now to edit!)... I'm not a good multi-tasker. Actually, I'm super bad. I get sidetracked. Just now, I was thinking of something else and I hit the publish button by mistake. I'm a dork. See? Some of you might never get to see the rest of this post if you view it in your reader! ACK!!!
5. This list is too darn long, and I'm getting very sidetracked and annoyed... I think I have Adult ADD... help! But this is the 2nd time I have tried to 'get it done' and I'm in for the long haul!
6. I love chocolates. I stash them. My mom was just here (Seattle mom) and I brought out my stash last night for 'us girls' while the boys were away. She wanted to know why I have a stash.. Hello! She doesn't live with any boys or men!! My boys inhale chocolate. They don't understand it is something to be savored... enjoyed... slowly. Girls need their chocolate stash. I'm convinced. So just us 3 girls indulged..
7. I miss my little sister... She truly is my BFF.. I wish we we lived closer. We dream of being old bats together. Sitting in our rocking chairs. Or better yet, kickin' down a few Margarittas. Girl Dreams...
OK! That's a wrap... Please visit those other ever so fab blogs! My next job is letting them all know they have an award:)
And if you read this whole long epic post...YOU deserve some of my stash:)