Saturday, November 19, 2016

Giving Thanks - A Card for Auntie Rachel and #dailymarker30day

Thursday Morning Before Work:  Bright and Early Project! I colored the background

Saturday - Worked to get the card done

Pens, Ink, Washi Supplies

Final Card: Giving Thanks for You
As mentioned before, I am following Kathy's #dailymarker30day challenge.

The first photo is from coloring the Hero Arts background stamp on day #17 of the challenge, with Thanksgiving in mind. 

And, today, day 19, I finished the card. The background morphed quite a bit, eh?

I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to turn it brown.

This card is actually getting sent to my Aunt Rachel.  She sent a beautiful box of my Grandma Marina's treasure to me: a knit sweater that my Grandma made (it fits beautifully), one of my Grandma's crocheted doilies, another recipe of my Grandmothers (to add to my collection), and a lovely letter from my Aunt on how all of these things made their way to me.

What a treasure.  My Grandmother died earlier this year, in January, at the well lived aged of 104.  She was one amazing woman.  I traveled to California  and was able to see a lot of my Campos relatives, including my mother Grace.  The time and celebration spent with everyone will be treasured for many, many years.  We celebrated in Monterey, right on the ocean.  And we did a lot of story telling, many while drinking martini's in my little cottage room. 

Anyway, here are the supplies used for getting this card done!
Ranger Archival Ink - Potting Soil (used for stamped images)
A variety of Copic pens
Micron .03
Precision Pen .05
Doodlebug Designs 'Fall Flurry' Washi Tape
Hero Arts CG679 Graphic Leaves Background Stamp (Found out this was part of a Basic Grey collaborative - there used to be matching patterned papers!)
Paper Smooches Fall Sampler stamps: Leaf, and sentiment
Simon Says Stamp Giving Thanks Steel Craft Die
Bo Bunny Farmers Market journal card (behind the Giving Thanks die image)








No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...