Sunday, November 26, 2017

Transitioning Between Thanksgiving and Christmas - The Last Weekend of November

 My New Butter Dish!  Want one?  I think I can still get more!

Yes, My New Butter Dish is On Display - Not sure When I Will Use it For it's Intended Purpose

Christmas Card for a Swap

Another View
Jake is Home!  Well, until tonight. But it is nice having him 'here'.

Hmm.. I just noticed how tall he is!


Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

We had a beautiful Thanksgiving with our friends. One of Phil's daughters came to visit from Utah, with her boyfriend, and we took them with us to our 'Red Neck Friendsgiving' celebration.  You have to remember I live in a very rural area, and we celebrate at a friend's ranch.  We eat in the shop, and 'celebrate' by blowing up pumpkins - outdoors.  Serious fun. This year I managed to make my chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, which was a big 'win' for me, personally.  My only 'setback' (health issues related) was I almost fell trying to get it out of the oven.  My balance is not 100% yet. Sometimes I forget I am temporarily 'off' my normal. 


I'm trying my best to not start decorating for Christmas, and just savor these last days of Thanksgiving.

 However, crafting is another story.  This is prime crafty time!

My 'December Daily' group (online) is hosting a Christmas Card swap, so today I made my two cards to get sent off tomorrow.  One is going to Washington, and the other to Australia. 

The other 'Christmas' things I have been doing are uploading all of my favorite 2017 photos to Snapfish for a few gift projects.  This was a two-day project!  I had to download all my camera photos first, sort them by month, then upload the ones I wanted.  Ha. Hours.

And, on Friday, I received my family Christmas Card - also made in Snapfish.  I know, right?   I have my cards!  Last year I didn't get them until December 20th.  This year I wanted to make sure I got them out early!

Right now, I am just taking it easy, recuperating and getting my health back, one day at a time. And, since walking and bending and any 'up and down' movement with my legs takes a lot of effort, it is easy to 'not' decorate.

Speaking of movement, last night I went to church with Phil.  We went up and down the 'back' stairs, because there are less stairs than at the front of the Cathedral.  And, I did it!  I made it up, and I made it down.  Stairs have been my enemy.

 I love our church, St. Francis de Sales Cathedral in Baker City, Oregon. Both of my children were baptized in this church, about 18 years ago.  And, a repose for the soul was said for my mother, Grace, which happened to be on my 55th birthday.  I have cried in this church when my soul ached, and, I have cried in this church with tears of joy when I was thankful for everything in what I consider a full and happy life. 

So, there you have it. 

Here's to savoring all we have to be thankful for. 

xo












No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...