Sunday, November 5, 2017

Working on Christmas Tags - And Sunday Musings


Today's Playtime - ink, stencils, paints
The challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Blog is to make a Christmas Tag. I am waiting for these babies to dry so I can add more layers and turn them into fun projects. The top two I used paint with the stencil.  It spreads underneath.  the bottom four I used ink instead of paint over the stencils.  

 We had our first snow this morning, so transitioning into Christmas seemed just fine.  However, I will go back to my Thanksgiving projects.  Geeze.  Less than 3 weeks! This is when time zooms by.

Anyway, I meant to have more crafty time but have been sidetracked by so many other things this weekend.

Leaf Patrol
Cooking.  Cooking. Cooking.
More Leaf Patrol
And some funky cleaning. You know, that out of the ordinary stuff that doesn't get done often, like cleaning the kitchen utensil container that sits on the counter, wiping down the entry way door, replacing the scentsy burner wax, putting out Thanksgiving stuff, and taking down Halloween stuff.

Back to the cooking. You would think, with no one else at home, I would give up on the cooking thing, but alas, it is my weekend habit to food prep for the week.

Here is what I made:
Yesterday: Egg, spinach and mushroom casserole.  Yum.  Two breakfasts so far.
Today: Oatmeal - to go with over easy eggs for my breakfast that I take to work. I made the mistake of making a beautiful bowl this am with some of my frozen raspberries and bananas.  Then I ruined it by putting honey (from one of those sticks) on it.  It tasted horrible. A weird flavor.  Darn waste of precious raspberries!
Yesterday: Cooked up two spaghetti squash, cleaned out the goods, and froze most of it.
Yesterday: Cooked up spaghetti sauce with ground turkey to go with the squash.  Which was last night's dinner. Froze most of it.
Today: Cooked up potato and bacon soup - soon to go in the freezer as well. This was today's lunch.

 And, at least there is stuff in the freezer for 'I don't want to cook' nights.
 
Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...