Saturday, December 9, 2017

12 Tags of Christmas WAFT - Day 3 - Naturally Neutral

Tag #1 - First Attempt with Felt


Tag #2 For the Challenge
It's Saturday, and once again I am in my crafty space. Therapy.  This is the best cure for what ails me.
This morning I was inspired by Julie Ebersole's tag in the Day 3 post of the 12 Tags of Christmas With a Feminine Touch  over at Ellen Hutson's The Classroom.

What I liked about Julie's tag: Using felt with a die.  I am not a big textile user, so this was a challenge:).  My first tag, with the Christmas tree, seemed to take forever!  I used a glue gun and burnt my finger tip when trying to adhere the tree down. Not doing that again! And the green felt wasn't very sturdy so a few other trees came apart and were trashed.  However, the second tag was so much easier to make.  The felt cut wonderfully, and I actually had fun created that cute little reindeer!  Which, by the way, was stamped first, and then I placed the die over the stamped image to cut the felt.  For the reindeer I used permanent adhesive on the tag first, then placed the felt on top.  Ta Da!

Supplies Used:
 Reindeer Tag (which is getting entered into the challenge):  
Ribbon, twine and cardstock:  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Garland, sentiment, heart with moose: Cocoa Daisy November kit
Reindeer stamp and die:  Hero Arts
Washi Tape and gems:  Cocoa Daisy November Kit
Inks:  Ranger Archival Ink, Sharpie pen (red), Sakura Micron 05 pen (black)

Alrighty!  Time to get back to the craft space:)
Feeling very creative today.

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...