Monday, December 4, 2023

2023 December Daily: Photo of the Day and Story...

Tommie (and I) waiting to see what we got!

Hello cute little advent gift from my sister Avis

 Hello December Daily 2023...

December 1st:
Today's story. The Fed Ex guy drove in (during a Pause of our first series of snow storms) to deliver this cute gift from my sister Avis. She, Paula and I decided to do Advent gifts this year, with daily prompts. They both received my big box of goodies as well. 

We came up with this idea in August. Last weekend, Friday after Thanksgiving was the day I wanted to ship mine out, but the shipping store was closed! So, I had to do it on Monday. Fifty bucks later, in shipping costs, they arrived by December 1st. That was my goal.  

I'm just like a kid. I love having something to actually open each day.

Thank you Avis for playing along with me! 

*****************
Other little notes of December 1st:

Phil started eating real food! Yay!!! (ramen for lunch and dinner, ice-cream, and a bite of my scrambled eggs). After a very rough week of throwing up and being nauseous and getting down to 160 lb.  Monday Katie and I called all the medical team members we could. We put him on a strict meds routine, and food routine. As in take your meds and quit saying you are nauseous and can't go on like this! We had to get ahead of it. He is not a good patient. And, he had to eat slower, more frequently, and with less volume (he has a feeding tube and wants to get it done, now).  He was also in pain at his tumor location. I think it's blistering. But he doesn't want to take pain meds. They make him constipated. Not.A.Good.Patient.  Wednesday was the 2 week post-radiation mark - and poof! Now we are now seeing daily improvements. Wednesday was the first day he did not throw up... Thanks Be to God! Let me tell you, Tuesday I was beat and wanted to make the call for reinforcements to help out. Exhausted. Emotional. Scared. 

 I went to visit Sami & Lanes critters (they are on a cruise in the Caribbean for their Honeymoon)  they have a critter sitter, but I'm a grandma in training and worry about such things.  Mr. Kitter's needed water and his box cleaned out. He had NO water last Tuesday when I visited. And Duke was on the wrong side of the fence! He crawled under and couldn't get back. Grandma to the rescue. I feel better now. Jake is babysitting their kitten. That was a good call! I'm sure he is all snuggly and warm and getting lots of playtime. 

First snowstorm hit us on December 1st: Gads.. my tires on this Ford Explorer suck (new car in 2022).  I was sliding at every turn and having difficulty at stop signs. Worse part? I went into the Albertson's parking lot and almost hit a car when I turned into one of the parking lot lane's! I could not complete the turn. Kept sliding while turning.  What a show. Back up, start again. Nope. Back up, start again... did it. I parked at the end, and walked in. Instead of parking in the 'stop and go' spot up front - I had an online order to avoid walking in the snow stuff. Did not want to it any cars! I was shaking like a leaf from that experience... 

I have an appointment to get my snow tires on today, December 2nd. At 3:30am I realized my tires are at the rental in Baker City. In the back shed. It seemed like a good idea during the summer!  And the rental is occupied. Awkward. 

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...