I am so on a roll!
Oh, and yes, I realize today is actually Day 21, but I am trying to get caught up!!!
After sharing with you some private moments about my day yesterday, this 'sweet' cookie recipe found its way into my email box from my ever so talented mother Pat. Pat is an awesome cook, had a wonderful career, (she is retired now) golfs every chance she gets, has great legs from all the walking she does in downtown Seattle (well, she's always had great legs!), dresses impeccably, and is a woman who is now living life to the fullest (I say that now, because remember the dysfunctional testimonial? We had some rough years, very rough) ... Anyway, she is a 'turn lemons into lemonade' type of woman, and refuses to be a victim or dwell on the past. A great role model for any woman who really needs to 'get a life'!
Here is the cookie recipe that she sent to me and my older sister Christy... Christy and I both have/had a tendency to 'attempt the Martha Stewart level' when in comes to the holidays...Christy is 'over it'. Hmmm.. come to think of it, Christy sent me a Martha Stewart book last Christmas (she tried to get it autographed, but that did not work out!)... wonder if there was a hidden message there?
Christmas Cookie Recipe
1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Crown Royal
- Sample the Crown Royal to check quality.
- Take a large bowl, check the Crown Royal again, to be sure it is of
the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
- Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large
- Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.
- At this point it's best to make sure the Crown Royal is still OK,
try another cup.. just in case.
- Turn off the mixer thingy.
- Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried
- Pick the frigging fruit off floor...
- Mix on the turner.
- If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose
with a dewscriver.
- Sample the Crown Royal to check for tonsisticity.
- Next, sift two cups of salt, or something.... who giveshz a sheet.
- Check the Crown Royal.
- Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
- Add one table.
- Add a spoon of ar, or somefink.... whatever you can find.
- Greash the oven.
- Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
- Don't forget to beat off the turner.
- Finally, throw the bowl through the window.
- Finish the bottle of Crown Royal.
- Make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.
Hope you all get a chuckle out of this!!! I sure did... Kills me every time I read it!