Saturday, January 12, 2008

GADS! It's Snowing Again!!!!

Top of the Hill! In the front yard....


A Better View of the Custom Sledding Hill -How about that Ramp?


Casa Sexton - Snowville (I shovel snow daily!)


Snow Log... 4:17 pm.

OK.. This is getting ridiculous. It is snowing, again. No Sun in sight... Just White on White...

I swear we have gotten more snow this Winter than any other year (in our soon-to-be 9-year history) we have lived here in good ol' Eastern "OrrrEeeeeGone'. The good news is it should be a gorgeous green summer! Yahoo! I love the summers... being a California Girl at heart. Give me some sunshine!

The kids are outside playing... Dick has been piling the snow (from plowing the driveway) in one area for their sledding pleasure... It has quite the ramp now...

Today was a meat delivery day for me... I drove to La Grande, and decided I had enough winter driving. I made it through Ladd Canyon (the pass that gets closed all the time when weather is bad - it was closed again day before yesterday - two big rigs wrecked). Met my customers. Did a smidgen of shopping, then turned around and came home. Oops.. Forgot the groceries (but remembered my new Xyron)!

No need for a white knuckled drive to Pendleton. And boy am I glad I did! When I got home it started coming down harder - which means the passes would have been worse... (there's another whopper pass between La Grande and Pendleton)...

So... here I am! In our toasty house (Dick fixed the woodstove!)...and enjoying the comforts of staying home...

fa la la la la!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

wooo hoooo, snow. I wish you could send it to me!! I would love to take it off your hands for you. I love your house. IT's soo pretty. Keep warm and stay in.

*karendianne. said...

These pictures look so fun for everyone involved. Amazing that you have this right in your own yard! This is serious snow conditions.

I'm glad you're off the roads woman. Dammit we can't afford these driving conditions. I'm going to go on strike if this keeps up.

...or if you want I can let you borrow my "transporter." Very trekky of me!

Beem Me Up with Love, *karendianne.

nancypants said...

We're having a snowy week here too. Once we get it, it never goes away completely until sometime in March... and even then it's not gone for good. Our last snow generally happens the last week of MAY! And I'm a California girl too so the cabin fever is almost enough to do me in... we live in the Suburbs on a tiny city lot so not enough space to create such an awesome sledding hill as your kiddos have there! :^D

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...