Thursday, November 13, 2008

Distress Inks, Distress Stickles, Grungeboard and Resist!

Technique Tag
(Click to Enlarge)
Distress Inks, Distressed Edges, Stamp Resist
Grunge board, and Distress Stickles

A Closer Look
(Click to Enlarge)

I've been playing with some of my new Ranger and Tim Holtz goodies!!!! The Hero Arts Blog is all about techniques this week so I am having a blast!

Now, if you all recall, I won the RAK of the century when Mr. T!m Holtz gave away an entire set of Distress Stickles! Well, this last weekend I finally got to the Big City and made a side trip and purchased some Tim Hotz Idea-ology Grungeboard as well (seems like the perfect marriage)! I have had my eye on the Seasonal Plain set, and let me tell you...

Grungeboard is HOT! It bends, it's thin and it doesn't make you want to pull your hair out when you use it (I have chipboard issues...we go way back!).... Oh.. and all those darn rumors about stinky grungeboard? I could not smell a thing! (This stuff actually reminds you of suede... )

And, the Distress Stickles? Wonderful! Take a look at that adorable little grungeboard tree on the tag! See how shiny and sparkly and vintage the 'green and yellow' are? Distress Stickles my friends... in Peeled Paint & Scattered Straw! I am in love... sigh.... Thanks Tim!


What I did:

The Grungeboard Tree
  1. I inked the tree with Ranger Distress Ink Shabby Shutters, then applied a layer of Peeled Paint Distress Stickles... To even it out I used a paintbrush and my fingers! Note: Leave it to dry...
  2. I then added the Scattered Straw Distress Stickles around the tree edge.. Let dry again.. Overnight!
  3. Then added the Hero Arts gems on the tips of each branch...
The Tag:
  1. First, I stamped my pine bough with versamark, then applied Clear Embossing Powder and set with my Heat Tool.
  2. Started working in from the tag edge with inking tool and inks... just alternating colors until I got the look I wanted.
  3. Distressed tag edges.
  4. Applied Black Soot with the inking tool around the edges.
  5. overstamped with little holly stamp in Black Soot
  6. Added Twill
  7. Added ribbons, bow, hemp
  8. Added tree (I used my Tombo Adhesive)...
Recipe:
Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Black Soot, Fired Brick
Tag: Office Supply Store - Manilla
Hero Arts Supplies:
Sparkle Clear CL244 Holiday Messages (the little holly stamp), Clear Design CL236 Joys of the Season (the pine bough); Orange Gemstones
Versamark; Clear EP; Basic Grey ribbon (loop) & button, SU Ribbon; Hemp. Favorite Things twill - unknown!

Little Tree is from Tim Holtz' Seasonal Plain Chipboard (my first time using it!)
Distress Stickles in Peeled Paint and Scattered Straw!

Thank you for looking! I have more to share on the 'Marriage of Distress Stickles and Grungeboard!'.. Let's just say I am experimenting and finding out some real fun stuff!!!

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Amazing. This is really truly amazing. Distinctive.

Erin Glee said...

Hi Andi! Congratulations on your win at HA for your BEAUTIFUL lavender Holiday card inspired by Lisa C.~you hit the "elegant" nail on the head!

Thank goodness they have a "Fresh Face" category now~I'll have a chance! (teehee)

Jacqueline said...

Well Andi it's no wonder you won those sickles with the comment you gave Tim... you Sir are the Man!! LOl
I love your tag - it is distinctive as one of your admirers says !

Lauren said...

Okay girl... you ROCKED these tags... and AWESOME about winning all those yummy stickles!!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful tags! I love all the techniques... Thanks for sharing the steps. :) I did get a chuckle because your title was distress, distress, grunge and resist....Sounded like a excercise routine..

Julie said...

Looks great Andi just love it.

Sweet Blessings said...

I Loved looking...thanks for sharing...what an awesome tag!!! Hey, and thanks for the cute reply on my blog...are you serious about XYZ....wasn't that an "in" word in California...okay, maybe just in Eastern Oregon....it stands for (examine your zipper!) Totally grade-school humor and put together letters :D Thanks for making me smile...May your weekend be filled with lots of creating fun! Sweet blessings!

Vintage Papers said...

wowsers woman this is fabulous! you make me want to get all inky! lovely tag indeed! hope you are well! :)

Cora said...

Andi,
This is beautiful! Thanks for all the details.

Dawn said...

Okay girl, your rockin the blog this week. WOnderful tag!

Arlene said...

Wow! I love your tag and what a great win on those stickles!!!!!!!!

It looks like a beautiful day here in sunny California - Sacramento area. When you come back this way, be sure to give me a call - love to visit and share stamps. :)

Sue McGettigan said...

Gorgeous - a match made in heaven!!

Deborah March said...

Mmmm, just GORGEOUS Andi! Thanks so much for sharing how you created it!

Kerilou said...

Very cool. I have yet to touch grungeboard!
Keri

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...