Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hero Arts and Cards for Heroes - Challenges

4th of July & Born in the USA Cards
See the USA block in Red?
I made that with my new cricut!!!

It's Your Special Day
(I'm lovin' the stars!)

Born in the USA
For a soldier to send home as a birthday card for a loved one

It's Your Special Day and Congratulations Cards

I told you I was on a star kick!!!

***************
This is how I spent my Memorial Day.
Making Cards for the Cards for Heroes project.
And of course, mowing, raking, feeding lambs, doing laundry and feeding my family :)

BBQ??? We had slow cooked ribs and mashed potatoes for dinner!
AND we all had a fun ice cream treat midday!
The kids and I delivered ice creams to Dick & Ramon who were at the headquarters
making the pasture poultry 'house'

******************

This is an awesome week at the Hero Arts Blog! The challenge this week is to make manly cards, and for an 'extra' challenge, to make cards to send for the Cards for Heroes organization!

How cool is that!!!!!!!

I actually started early - thanks to the weekend Cards for Heroes Blog Hop!

Right now, I have 9 completed cards to send off! Gee! and for the 25 + 2 challenge which lasts all summer, I'm ahead of the game!

Yippee Skippie!!!!

Reality Check:
I started out making 4th of July cards.. Which would be good for the 'Any Soldier' program (send them a card you sign) but not for the Cards for Heroes - which are cards for the soldiers to send back home.. Too long of a delay.. So I switched to birthday, special day and congratulations cards!

And, as I stated earlier.. I am on a star kick right now!!!!!!!!

And Red White and Kraft....

Vintage fun.

OK.. I gotta go rake some grass!

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow, your cards are teriffic! I also love your Spring photos and your story and the grass!! Sounds familiar!

Suzanne C said...

I just love all the cards you created! They are so pretty! Go Andi!

Lauren said...

I am SOOO jealous of your CUTE cards... wishing I had a cricut! :)

Kelly Warren said...

very fun, andi!

Karen said...

Looks like you've been having a bugging good time! :> (sorry, couldn't resist!) I love the sound of my bug chirping. Speaking of what a love.....how your star cards turned out!! They have such a great, fun Americana look to them!! Hope you're having a fab week! :>

Diana said...

I just love love these! Very nice Andi!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...