Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yes, I'm Insane...And I have Company... Proof...

To continue from where I left off yesterday...

Last night, after doing the grocery run, I came home from my 'Elf' job (Copy/Ship/Mail) - Dead tired.. Holy.. What insane people ship their packages on the Monday before Christmas???? Answer: The majority of people shipping presents... I wrapped, I packed, I shipped, I took three loads of US Mail to the local post office and got rained on.. By the time I came home - I did NOT want to see any wrapping paper, tape, or boxes... besides.. there was too much excitement waiting for me when I arrived...

Disclaimer: I have not shipped mine yet... HA! I rank in a totally different category - for the elite...

The Situation
Anyway, I came home to another family 'situation' - and might I say.. My husband was home the entire time????? (and, Insane or Clueless or just another kid - I'm still debating what words best describe him at this point!)...

The woodstove apparently decided to get plugged.

No one noticed all the smoke in the house until the 'flu fire' was well underway.

By the time I got home, the windows were all open, the scent of burnt stuff through-out, and rain coming down hard. Thank God for the rain... Who knows what the heck was going outside that chimney pipe! (Our house actually caught fire in 1999, and again, last year we put out a fire on the 'wood shingle' roof...sigh)...

Oh yes. Rain... I have neglected to share our 'funky' weather patterns.

The Crazy Weather
Three Weeks Ago - below zero.

Last Week - Snow - 1 foot.
Day After: In the 40's.. Big Snow Melt. Slush. Ice.

Now: Last Night - 40's and Rain.. This morning... 20 degrees.

Which means this morning it is a sheet of ice out there....

Misery Loves Company - We are Both Insane!
Right now, my husband is taking 5 steers down the interstate to Boise... right now...in the bloody dark - pulling a livestock trailer - on Ice (Insane!!!) Say a prayer...and he woke at 4:30 am. He is NOT an early morning person...

Um... A Little Heat, Please?
And, it's going to be very very cold the next few days...NOW would be a good time to have a working woodstove!!!!! My husband has promised he will fix it... We shall see... I am sitting Indian Style at my desk while I type this.. With my toes tucked under my legs to keep them warm.. brrrrr...


Back to me...My Personal Insanity

This Morning .. I woke at 3am.. with a surge of energy...

Energy or adrenaline...or fear.

First, let me say, I am a morning person... I typically get up at 4, 4:30 or 5... So 3 is really no great stretch for me ... However, my husband does think I am insane...When he came stumbling out, at 4:30, the first words out of his mouth were 'I hope you are furiously wrapping presents up there!'... I told him I was.. Hmmm... I guess the lights going off and on in our bedroom, and my repeated shuffling back and forth with large noisy bags drove him over the edge...


But, I have my reasons.. You see.. I had all the presents hidden in our room...and I can only pack in the mornings since I am a tired pup in the evenings... and this way everyone is still sleeping (if I haven't woken them up:)

And, the kids decided to make our room 'the headquarters' for sleepfests during this holiday vacation break .. They are snug on the rug in their sleeping bags..

So.. at 3am I moved all the presents upstairs, out of the bedroom, to my 'crafty lair' for WrapFest 2009.

I am actually pretty darn proud of myself!

I have FOUR gift bags ready to go!!!!!

Today is Ship Day #1!

Watch out Missouri, Seattle, California, and Denver!!!!!!!

Fa la la la la!

I am feeling better now...

9 comments:

Karen said...

Ewwwwwwwwww......3am???? Ewwww.... I only want to be up at that hour if 1) I do not have kidlets to take care of in the morning and 2) I'm still up from the day before (aka not getting up early, but rather still up!) doing something FUN! 3 AM to wrap presents??!! Maybe you ARE the Energizer Bunny!! Speaking of presents, I wrapped four last night, so I'm up to a whopping five. I did get the ones that had to travel (well.....actually, just some of them) off last week. But, I suspect that I will be up to that 3am tonight finishing wrapping presents and cleaning the house that I've let go while being sick. I'm just going to suck it up and be happy that the presents look pretty! :>

Good luck to your Hubby on the road and hope you can keep your toes warm!!!!

Gotta run........my son is giving his sister a dinosaur lesson right now and I'm wondering if they are EVER going to finish their breakfast?! lol :>

Elise said...

Wish you could hear me singing "did you ever know that you're my HEEEERRRROOOOOO!" Burrr! And I'm feeling like a baby because we're nearly OUT OF WOOD! But at least its working! Still, I'm chilled to the bone and saying that "I feel your pain" has never seemed so accurate! We're burning soggy sticks and twigs from the yard! {I am also counting on husband... to provide the warmth!}

Wrapping! Ha! Not a chance for me! I just got the brilliant idea to pre-pay for items at Best Buy and then saunter in to pick up! We'll see how that goes. Wrapping won't start until tomorrow, LATE! Doh!

{And all I really want to do is craft!}

Almost THERE! Almost THERE! hee hee HANG ON, sista!

Suzanne C said...

Oh Andi!!!! I wish for you some more time to get everything done! I hope your hubby is safe on the road and that the stove gets fixed and that teh elves wrap your presents for you...

an east coast (soon to be western) family said...

Oh Andi...I wish I could take some of your work since I'm sitting in Atlanta, enjoying being shopping and lazy with my SIL and husband's family. But I know you...you'll pull it all together with pizazz! Scary about the wood stove...hope you have heat again and if not, soon! I'm proud of myself this year...got all my packages mailed 10 days early...with 4 trips to the USPS. We don't check bags so I had to wrap and send all our presents...my family celebrates Christmas while we celebrate Hanukkah as do my in-laws. Well, my holiday wish for you is more time to do the things that need to get down, less stress to not worry about the things that don't or can't get done and more time for you to relax and enjoy! Merry Chritmas to you and yours. Hugs, K

Diana said...

WOW,all I can say is YIKES! I'm tired just hearing your story. What a busy time December is! Merry Christmas friend!

Lauren said...

Goodness!!!! You are CRAZY my dear! I hope you get some rest and can enjoy your holidays!!!

It's snowing like crazy here in NOrthern Colorad today! I had about 7 inches this morning (it started about 8pm last night) and it's not showing any signs of stopping!!! And I was white knuckled on the 18 mile drive to work! You people must really care about your business to drive so far under such crappy conditions! *hugs*(

Sue McGettigan said...

Merry Christmas to my favourite early morning elf :)

Sweet Blessings said...

So praying it all went perfectly! And, that today are enjoying a peaceful, relaxing, quiet day in your jammies! Sweet blessings!

glitzen said...

EEEEk, I'm not much of a morning person. I do hate wrapping though, so I try to get that evil task out of my hair. This year I used a LOT of re-usable grocery bags as gift bags. They were cheap, cute, and soooooo easy to use. Love them!!! Because of them, i was able to get in, get done, and get out, leaving more time to play with my horses or just sit near the tree and sip eggnog. Love it! :) Hope the crazy steer-hauling went well. Yipes.

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...