Saturday, November 6, 2010

Project 12 - July, 2010 - Silver Lake, CA

July Sketch - Project 12

My Interpretation of the Sketch

Close Up of some of the elements

Another Close Up
Things are finally slowing down for me and I am catching up on my Project 12 layouts!  Today I finished up my July layout of our trip to Silver Lake, CA.

*** To go to the Project 12 challenge site, hosted by Scrapbook and Cards Today, click on the Project 12 blinkie on the right side of my blog ***


I LOVE the 2nd page of this 2 page spread.  I printed the photo of the sailboat out in black and white, and gosh, it just makes my spirit happy! 

Supplies Used:
Bazzill, (textured) and Stampin' Up (black) cardstock
Creative Imaginations Patterned Paper (butterflies)
Crystal Stickers Black Pearls
October Afternoon ticket stub stickers (October Midnight Rooster Kit)
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Stampin' Up Border Punches


Journaling reads:

July 2010 –
When Dick was young, he spent his summer’s at Silver Lake, in CA near Susanville.  The family cabin was sold long ago, and late July we found out his sister had it for a week!  With just 2 weeks to plan, each of our kids got to invite a guest and we hit the road! 
The drive was long. From Eastern Oregon to Burns Oregon to Alturas, CA and then to the Susanville area.  And getting to the lake?  Practically impossible!  If it wasn’t for a paper pie plate, we would have missed the turnoff!
Sami and Jake got to do all the things their daddy did during his summer months.  They sailed, they paddled canoes, they hiked to the small lakes nearby, they roasted marshmallows at night, and Jake got to climb the rocks across the lake and even found the cave where his Grandfather and his dad both had written their names.  Jake got to write his name also.  
                With no electricity, or even cell phone service we were off the grid.  We managed just fine with antique gas lamps and wood-heated cook stoves.  The best part?  Seeing Dick be a kid again!
SILVER LAKE, CALIFORNIA 

 Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful layout! Lovely journalling! Looking forward to more projects. :) (If things really slow down)

Arlene said...

This looks like a wonderful place to get away from it all. Love the photo in black and white.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Andi! It sounds like a wonderful adventure! Your layout is just gorgeous! I love the soft green background with your black and white theme and gorgeous photo of the sailboat! A great memory and a great way to capture it, too! :-)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love the story behind this. Gorgeous layout, too!

Elise said...

PERFECTION, dear! This layout is FABULOUS! Gosh, I remember that trip like it was yesterday! Wait, no, I wasn't there, I was only LIVING vicariously through YOU and now I'm having a vicarious flashback! Tee hee THIS is great, darlin'! Love you with your CRAFT on!

Tami Bayer said...

A stunning layout with such beautiful heartfelt journaling and photos that really capture the vacation. You've got it all here, Andi. Really inspiring. I love those little butterflies flitting around, too. Thanks for sharing your story with us, too.

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...