Friday, April 1, 2011

'Thanks' Card - (MME and Hero Arts)

My Minds Eye meets Hero Arts meets Paper Piercing!  - 'Funky Sun Shot' - I like the banner shadow!

Same Card - Different Light Source
Hello blog friends!

Before I share the card....

I have returned! 

The kids and I escaped for a week during their spring break.  I say 'Spring Break', but, as Mother Nature (one tough mama) would have it, it was more of a 'Winter Break'. 

We had a big adventure:  We drove 1,613.4 miles, and spent a total of 28.46 hours in the car (12 hours the first day, 9 hours another, etc.)  to make our trip - 3 of those hours were sitting in snow storms!  (True figures - my car was programmed to track these things!).  We drove through snowstorms and rainstorms to visit some of my closest friends - people I grew up with.  People I got into a whole bunch of trouble made life long pacts with - during my teen years!  Anyway, one of us turned 50 - so there was a HUGE party, and then we traveled some more to stay with my BFF for a few days. This all went down in CA.  The place I love and still call home.. sniff. 

Anyway, the card above, is for the hostess of the party.  She is the girlfriend of the birthday boy, and she generously offered her home when four of us started planning this adventure.  However, with the rain, 70 mph winds, and flooding conditions, we did a good job of going in and out of her lovely home, and some of the kids (older ones at that!) weren't very good at cleaning their shoes off!

I thought a card was the least I could do to thank her for putting up with all of us! And besides, I want to be  to be welcomed back again! 

Card Deets:

Patterned Papers:  My Minds Eye, Fine and Dandy Collection (LOVE it!)
Stamps:  Hero Arts (CL497 Find Joy (sentiment), CL484 Whimsical House (house, bird))
Ink:  Stazon Timber Brown, Jet Black
Fancy Gadgets/Tools:  EK Success Big Scallop Border Punch, Stampin' Up 3/4" circle punch

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh what card magic! Lovin' all the layers, all those clouds, and your festive banner. And who wouldn't welcome a fun, sweet gal like yourself back?! :>

Glad you all made it back safe & sound. Loved seeing your fun adventure! :>

Elise said...

There was no "spring" in our break, either...:o( YOU guys MUST have been water-logged! Soooooo glad you got to get away, though. What FUN relationships and memories to resurrect! {!} The time away must have been good to you, however: LOOK at you with your craft back on! I'm delighted to see this positively celestial creation - DRENCHED in sunlight! How do you like THAT!?! FANTASTIC work, my dear! You're FABULOUS! {SERIOUSLY!}

Bonnie said...

Oh this is super sweet! Love that cute banner! Sounds like you had fun travelling....some day (I swear to goodness!) we are going to travel lol!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ahhh...this is a super sweet card, love that little house paired up with MME! Love their papers! Thanks for sharing your traveling adventures! You are too fun!

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous design! Love those papers and you created an adorable scene!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...