Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Core'dinatons NSD Challenge - Small Blessings Layout

Small Blessings Layout - Core'dinatons Cardstock NSD Challenge (click on photo to see details!)

Hello everyone!

Here is another layout for a challenge over at Core-dinations - right HERE which ends tonight, at midnight!  I am so glad they kept the challenge open for a few extra days.  I work full-time and don't have much leisure time!


The Photo: Is of Sami, getting ready for our road-trip to Portland for Spring Break this past March.  She was all packed up and grabbed her cozy teddy bear to keep her company.  So adorable!

The Journaling: In white uniball pen reads 'Sami, I love that at 14 you still cuddle with your stuffed animals.  I'll take that as a small blessing'.

The Goods: Core'dinations Cosmo Cricket Neutrals Collection (light brown panel, dark grey mats,dark grey title, black butterflies), Core'dinations Jenni Bowlin Vintage Brights Collection (main layout cardstock piece with embossed butterflies);  Basic Grey Origins canvas tag and epoxy sticker; Tim Holtz Butterfly grunge board pieces; Kerri Bradford Small Blessings studio cut file.

Tools Used: Silhouette Cameo to cut out title, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, EK Success border punch, Uniball white pen, SU distressing tools, SU sanding block.

Techniques:  I watched the Hard Core videos and loved the use of sanding over grungeboard shapes to create a watermark image; which is what I did with the two butterflies on the right panel, and I lifted the white journaling from one of the videos as well!  I sanded the embossed butterflies on the left side of the main layout.  I also outlined one of the watermark butterflies on the right panel to make it stand out better.  And, I distressed the larger panels, and tore the grey panel at the bottom.  The title is cut with the Cameo.

 Thoughts:  I love these colors together!  They make for a great 'natural' layout, which I am really loving right now.  I love 'touching' this layout!  The cardstock has so much texture... the weight feels like canvas and I really want to hang it on a wall!


Thanks for looking! 


3 comments:

ellen s. said...

This is so awesome! love what you did with the sanding and the butterfly! Thanks for joining us over at Core!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a sweet, sweet picture and layout, Andi!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely picture! Sami is looking so grown up and beautiful! LOve the soft neutrals!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...