|Selfie: Sami and I on Our Way to the Eastern Oregon Livestock Show June 7th|
|How I Feel|
It's a dreary day here at Casa Walsh in Haines, Oregon, so I thought I would actually take time to write! I know, don't fall off your chairs.
- My teens are very independent. Sami has a busy social life, and Jake just prefers to play on his computers. So I find myself 'alone' these days. Sami will be a Junior next year and Jake a Sophomore. Crap.
- Speaking of Sami, she went to Greece for 12 days. Spring Break school trip. Did I mention independent? She survived being away, without a blink of her eye. This girl will do amazing things in her life. She also registered for an immersion program at the local University. Three weeks over the summer. After her 1 week of basketball camp. She's 16.
- My kids don't need to know what I was doing when I was 16. Drugs. Sex. Rock and Roll. They have an idea. Just not the details.
- Jake: 15. Brain child who prefers to be in his own world. No desire to travel. No desire to go the extra mile. His goal? Work during the summer on the ranch so he can buy a truck. I tell myself he is just like every other man child. Am I right?
- Me? No, no boyfriend. Dating now and then. Ended a 3 month 'getting to know you' relationship that did not work. For some reason I just don't have luck in the love department. I want love and a partner. The men I am attracted to? Want a toy. God has a plan. I trust his judgement. And, I am where He want's me to be. I am coming to realize that.
- Work? I still love my job! It will be three years at my 'divorcee' job on July 1st. Time flies. I call it my divorcee job because it is the first full-time job I have had after 16 years. Boy, did I luck out!
- Finances: Debt is my problem. I was too proud to ask for help. So 'everything' was put on credit cards: my lawyer fees, furnishing a 3 bedroom house, and living expenses until I could land on my feet. I need to figure out how to get out of debt.
- Compass: My 2014 One Little Word. Using it to guide my choices and path.