Sunday, April 26, 2015

Deep in This Head of Mine - Sunday, April 26

Saturday Night - Taking in a few moments of silence

I prayed a lot yesterday.  I cried.  I worried.  I felt like throwing up.

First, the earthquake in Nepal.  A coworker/friend has been studying in the area since January.  I was worried and frightened that she might have been one of the thousands to have died.  She was just in Kathmandu on Thursday, where the earthquake hit and 'we' had no idea where she was after that.  This morning one of her friends posted that she is fine and will reach out when she can.  Thank you, God.

Then.  The horrid news that a young girl from our small school community committed suicide Friday night.  Ug......  Thirteen years old.  A brother found her and tried to administer CPR.  The responders were all locals.  Volunteers.  Fellow parents and neighbors.  This is small town America. Something like this hits hard when everyone one, knows everyone. And news travels fast.  Jake said she was the smartest girl in her class and he had no idea why she would do this.  She was one year younger than him.  Poor sweet soul.  Poor sweet brothers, sisters, mother, father, friends, teachers. 

My kids, Thank God, seem to be processing this 'well'.  Unfortunately, they were introduced to death at an early age.  Sami is friends with one of the older brothers, so she is closer to the family than Jake or I.   So, in my head I crawled yesterday.  Wondering what on earth could have been going on in her life that she felt the need to end it?

Praying for all.  Taking moments of silence.  And listening to God's whisper.



No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...