Saturday, October 28, 2017

Halloween Treats - What Was Sent Earlier This Week

Box of Goodies from My Favorite Bakery in Baker.  They are only open 3 mornings a week.  Sunday is fun day!

Inside?  Macarons!  Halloween Themed Macarons! Love the 'real' colors captured in outdoor light.
Decorated Goody boxes - Each one contains one Macaron

 Two Went to New Jersey, One to Hawaii

 Halloween.  I get very few trick-or-treaters, so I try to make special goody bags for all ten of them.  On October 15th, I purchased my favorite macarons from my favorite bakery, and put them in the freezer to save for 'later', thinking I would make my bags the weekend before Halloween (which is now).

But then, this past Tuesday morning, bright and early,  I realized I better get my 'happy mail' out to a couple of special peeps.  I decorated a few kraft square boxes and made cards to get into the mail for their long distance trip  - one had to go all the way to New Jersey to a friend from my 2Peas Stamping Board days who saw my FB post and said she wished they had them in her area, and she had never had one.  

And, of course, I also had to get goods to Sami (away at school in Hawaii).

Jake?  He stopped by two Mondays ago (the night we all rallied around Rosie) and helped himself to a few before I got home.  The evidence was on his lips.  Purple!

Dawn sent me a message that her box arrived.  Sami's still hasn't arrived.  Darn that 2-day priority mail!  However, this isn't the first time.  My theory is mail gets delivered on time to the dorm address, and then takes another day or so to actually make it to the students.  They are like their own little city and have their own 'mail' system as well.

More goody 'bags' to be made today or tomorrow.  I am out of boxes, so next up are actual bags.  Will share what I come up with.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...