Thursday, February 2, 2023

My Declutter List: New Year stuff for 2023

 While I'm down here in sunny Palm Desert I am thinking about the projects I want to do back home. 

Mostly, decluttering.

Letting Go of all the stuff I do not need/use/etc:

I am capturing my list here, to come back to:

Clothes Closet: Stuff not worn. Apparently, we use 10% of our stuff - over and over and over again. So much that the stuff we do wear, is getting worn out, while all the other stuff just sits. 

Dresser: Ditto. Need to let go of all the t-shirts, etc, sox, etc. I am not wearing

Bathroom Drawers: The myriads of small samples, unused makeup, shampoos, vitamins and other crap that I bought but labeled as 'fails'. Along with the gifted lotions and potions that I just have stored. 

And.. finally, my craft room! Goodness. Where to start on all of this? 

I subscribe to a few craft room organization groups and let me tell you, 'we' crafters hoard a bunch of shit! It boggles my mind to see everyone else's crap stacked up to the ceilings. I don't want to be that woman. I need to get rid of the old, and just keep some favorites. This will be hard for me. I mean, I have TONS of Christmas stamps and stencils! Ditto with Halloween. It's super cute stuff! But do I really need TONS? Nope. Ug... My goal is to have one shoebox size for each holiday, of favorite supplies, and ditto for everyday things. Like Birthdays, Thinking of You, etc.

I also need to organize my cardstock by color - and purge what I don't need.

Ditto with patterned paper. And my seasonal kits that are not getting used up.

I think I just want a 'fresh' look, and 'fresh' start. Do-over. 

Ditto with all my planning supplies  - and boy, is there a stack of that crap! I keep them as journals, but never go back to them. Need to weed. Not Feed.

Wish me luck! 


No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...