Monday, April 14, 2008

Altered Bo Bunny Travel Board Book - Part 1






Note: Click on each photo for a large version!!!

Here is one of the projects I made on my Scrap Retreat!

While I was running errands the day before my big escape, the owner of the main store that I shop for my scrappy supplies (and copy, and fax, etc.) said she had a proposition for me... She showed me a selection of the Bo Bunny Board Books and said 'If I gave you all the supplies would you make one of these for the store for display?' I got to pick out all the papers and embellishments I wanted to use, plus I get to keep the project after it is displayed, and I 'got' an additional store credit to shop in the future. Now, keep in mind I live in a rural area. By no means am I a 'stand out' artist in the hood. I am just a frequent customer!

I took her up on it. One of my projects was to get our Seattle Trip photos done, so I picked out the 'Travel' Book.. It is packaged as bare naked brown chipboard, just the letters.

This took me about 12 hours to make.. I mod podged the papers to the chipboard, then sanded the edges. Most of the pp and embellies are from the K & Co's Ancestry Line (which I love - and I already have a huge stash for my Walsh Family Album!). Buttons are Basic Grey; ribbon from SU. I also used the SU scallop flower punch. Sorry about the camera flash...

I can only load 5 photos at a time, so this project will be in 2 parts.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

*karendianne. said...

Well isn't this Supersonic!!! Are we connected cosmically or something? Sheesh. Didn't you just mention this happening sometimes, I mean for a Shop like my Quilt? Good lordy beeee I just know for a fact we're way more related that simply by blood - which is kind of a lot of related, too.

Cosmic Love, *karendianne.

noble pig said...

Wow, so adorable. Scrapbooking weekends are so worth it.

Dawn said...

Andi, This is fab!! You are a stand out artist!! I have the love book. I guess I should play with it.!1 Great work!

Jacqueline said...

Wow, just excellent! Your choice of papers and colours are really stylful!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

This is an absolutely fantastic project, Andi! Wow, I am just in awe!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...