Monday, September 22, 2008

Shabby Chic - For Hero Arts Challenge

Another View


Last night I just 'broke down' and dived into my craft supplies so I could create something! Oh it has been so long I am going through withdrawals. As I mentioned on my last post, I had hoped to play while the cat was away, but that boat did not float.

That ship did not sail.

That dog did not roll.

Or, that rock did not roll.

(I have been indulging in Psyche episodes. Can you tell? I have to say, it is my favorite show)...

Here are some things I had hoped to work on (let's call this the 'When The Cat Hits The Road' list):
  • Such as the Walsh Girls Missouri Years Album. But heck, since not one darn sister has sent me photos, or stories, the album should be a quick and short project! HA!
  • I also have some cards to send out. Thinking of Yous.
  • And Thank-Yous to the Cycle Oregon Helpers.
  • And my next batch of Fat Book pages. Which are, um, overdue.
  • And a list of challenges I would love to participate in!
  • And gosh, I need to setup my Fat Book Challenge for S.O.F.!

So.. I selected one item to tackle.

The Hero Arts Blog posts a weekly challenge, with entries due on Sundays. So, there I was, at 4pm getting my 'grove' on. I have always been a deadline driven type of Gal.

I actually made two cards and will share the other with you later. That way I can spread the love!

Supplies:
Hero Arts Supplies Used: Stamps (CL236) and Gemstones. There are four stamps used! The pine bough in the corners, the sentiment, a tree in the pp strips, and the tree toppers are cut out of one of the ornament designs!

Other Supplies:
Papers: Bazzil card stock; Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl pp (2nd layer and sentiment layer); top pp layer is Foofala (love the vintage look!).
Inks: SU ( Old Olive & Purely Pomegranate) and Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue.
Embellies: Buttons (Basic Grey & Rusty Pickle); SU twine, Sandylion Kelly Panacci tree stickers.

Thanks for looking and for putting up with my ramblings.

Sami and I are actually coming down with colds and I am feeling a bit punchy.




8 comments:

noble pig said...

Please feel better!

Suzanne C said...

Loved your shabby chic cards. Saw them on Flickr... Glad you were able to spend some stamping time!

ScrappyPam said...

Beautiful card, love the shabby look!

Arlene said...

You've been spending way too little time on cards:))))

Love you card. Onward and forever busy:)

Tami B. said...

Oh, I do love the soft look of your pretty card. Completely yummy.

Jacqueline said...

I so LOVE these festive cards - they are jewels!

Anne said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention on the Hero Arts blog! Woooo-hoooo! :-)

Kerilou said...

Hope you feel better! I love the shabby cards!
Keri

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...