Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Project 12 - October 2010

The October Project 12 Sketch

My Layout - Click on images to enlarge and see all those fun photos!

A Closeup of some fun elements - dark purple pearls and a super cute 'press on'!

Another Closeup of another rubon, some cool rick rack ribbon, and pearls and those purple thickers!

OK!  So this is only 4 days late:).  I'm getting closer and closer to catching up!  Although, I did skip September.  I'll come back to it!

As a reminder, Project12 is a monthly sketch challenge hosted over at the Scrapbook and Cards Today Blog.  There is a link over on the right side on my blog to go to their site and learn more about it.  I have to tell you.. I am getting more comfortable with 2-page layouts and I am getting them done faster!  Becky's sketches are fun to work with, so much, that I purchased the 2011 calendar they are selling on their blog/website!  I can't wait to get it!  An actual scrapbook calendar with sketches that I can hang over my scrappy zone! 



I love this layout.  Oh my gosh.. all of these fun papers, and colors and photos just were fun to play with!  I love the photos of the pumpkins that my kids carved, and of them out in their costumes (my 'sitters' took the photos - I was out of town in CA) and of Sami's nails - which she did herself!


Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers:  Pink Paislee, Cosmo Cricket, Dream Street Papers LLC, and a Digital patterned paper  that I did my journaling on by Celeste Rockwood Jones of Design, Wash, Rinse, Repeat.  Note:  I am having issues with my printer.  I can't feed thick cardstock or photo paper through it!  Arrrrrr.  I have destroyed many a cute patterned paper!  Any hints???
Card Stock: Stampin' Up
Embellishments:  Pink Paislee Rubons; Queen and Co. Dark Purple Pearls, American Crafts Dear Lizzy Thickers, and purple glittery rick rack ribbon purchased off a reel at a lss.

And, here is the journaling:


October 2010.

Turning to Fall.  Some days are spent picking apples off the trees and storing them for winter breakfasts, and the start of sourdough pancakes. 
Fluctuating weather.  18 degrees, 70 degrees.
The end of the Farmers Markets (ours).
Saying goodbye to soccer, and starting basketball and dance - both new for the kids this year.
Shorter days (which means darker mornings - yuck!)  Neither of which is a good thing in our book.
And, then the real fun begins.. kicking off the holiday season - starting with Halloween!
Carving pumpkins at the Maxwell’s - it was raining so we did it in the shop.  Power tools came out again...
 I traveled to CA.  Flew into Sacramento.  Did ‘the trip’ with Erin, my BFF of 30 years.  We were in Davis, San Carlos and Half Moon Bay.  A great trip, but the reason was to celebrate the life of one of our own.  Bittersweet.  And, I missed Halloween!  The first time in my kid’s lives.
The kids got to trick-or-treat twice - downtown in Baker with the two sweet gals that watched them overnight - and then on Halloween, in North Powder.
This October? A busy month.  A sad month.  And, life just rolls on. 


Thanks for visiting sweet friends!!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Love, love, LOVE this TOTALLY current L/O! {I don't know ANYONE who really scraps CURRENT, these days, so YOU are now my Scrappiest Hero! Excellent work! Fun, fun, out of control with FUN pictures! So sorry you weren't there for Halloween, but it sure sounded like an important Road Trip {DAVIS! OMG! That's my OLD town, baby!} You did the memory of your friend proud, by making all of that happen... WTG!

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous use of the layout! Wonderful pictures and design.

Davinie Fiero said...

LOVE this, Andi! I love how you put the title on the curve and you know I love me a good scallop.

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...