Sunday, August 30, 2015

So Long, Summer. Sunday Thoughts. August 30, 2015.

First Game of the Season - Sami, #14 Rocked it! She is a Defender. She got the ball back for her team several times!

I missed this view.  So lucky, when it's not smokey

She is officially a Senior, tomorrow.

Sami and her Jeep.  I love this photo of my daughter.

Sami and the rest of the FFA Officers at a retreat two weekends ago. Wait, it was last weekend.

This morning. Packed up and heading to the ranch.

Jake and his new backpack - well, gym bag that he is using as a backpack.  Bets on when the straps break?

Like a boss.  First Game. She is playing Varsity. 

Jake Drove yesterday -I got to shoot photos. Can see one of the fires way across the Valley in the Eagle Caps.

 Summer is over.  I am sitting here with a sweatshirt on and a kitty warming my lap.
Brrrrrrr.  It was 40 degrees when I got up at the crack of' before daylight'. The moon was out and I was loving the chance to see it.  Our first frost is typically September 1st.  The weather channel is showing a low of 33 on Thursday.  I am going to bet we get a frost that day.  So long favorite season...

Tomorrow is the first day of school. It's a bummer the kids go back before Labor Day.  I feel shorted.  To add salt to our wounds Sami had a soccer game yesterday (Which she rocked!!! I embarrassed her - the game was right in front of where I was sitting, and Sami was in the thick of it, and after she took the ball back for her team I yelled out 'Great job Sami!  And a whole bunch of other parents that have known her since she was 5 started cheering for her as well -and calling out her name. She really was kicking ass - it was fun) and she has another game next Saturday.  It makes 'getting one last summer trip in' very limited.

So,since the kids will be starting their first day of school from the ranch  I took some 6:30 am morning shots of them this fine Sunday as they were heading out the door.

Sniff.
My plan for today? Along with mowing the yard, and picking up all the branches from another wind storm,  I am going to make a big batch of my 'first day of school cookies'.  Oatmeal, raisin, chocolate chip.  This has been my tradition for every first day of school. When they were little I was lucky to be a 'stay on the ranch slave mom' and the cookies were waiting when they got home.  Warm.

Life evolves, eh?
So, tomorrow, since it is her Senior year, Sami will get her own little batch, tied up, and with a note.  I am going to deliver them to the school tomorrow. And yes, Jake will get a batch as well.  Don't worry aunties, he is not forgotten.

Speaking of Jake: When I got back from my 4 hour round trip drive to Emmett Idaho, Jake and I took off to Baker so he could practice his city driving. 

He is taking his driver's test this coming Thursday.

Happy Sunday my friends and family. 

1 comment:

Kelly Warren said...

Hey there, old friend! Nice to pop in and catch up on you. Can't believe your girl is already a senior. My girls just started 7th grade. Time goes by too fast!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...