Sunday, January 1, 2023

Hello 2023! And My One Little Word - Pause

 






Hello, 2023

Good morning dear friends/family,

It's 5:52 am over here in my little world. It's dark dark dark out the window that is in front of my desk. But you know what? The days are getting longer, which is lovely to know. Especially on this 21 degree foggy winter day. 

We did good on our New Years Eve celebration! Dinner at the Elks, a little dancing (yay! we haven't danced in at least a year), and home by 10pm. Heaven. Oh, and no alcohol for me. I wanted to wake up fresh, clear, and at my best. 

Now, onto my New Year intention:

My One Little Word for 2023 is Pause. 

I do have another word that I am sharing with my sisters, 'Soar', which is the practice we we will share each Saturday on our morning zoom calls. 

Why Pause? To take time from the noise, static, life's treadmill, and stay in the moment. To live life during the pause. To stop and think. To breathe through mind-racing thoughts that come at 2 or 3am. 

My first big 'pause' of 2023 is taking 5 weeks off from my full-time job, to be with Phil, my love of 8 years.  We are going on our own adventure (and taking our dog Tommie) to pause life around us. He was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic esophageal cancer, back on June 1st of 2022. He's in a great place right now (treatments have been working!) and we are going to take advantage of this pause in his diagnosis, to do some of the things we said we would do down the road when I retire. But we don't know how much time we have left together, his timeline doesn't change, which is 1-2 years. So, in two weeks, we are heading to Palm Desert, for sunshine, warm days, golf, walks, talks, and precious time together.

 Those are my words to share this morning.

I hope each of you also take time to 'Pause' and take some precious time for yourselves.
Jump off that treadmill.

Peace. 

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...