Saturday, January 28, 2023

Our First Visitors Are Arriving Today! Two of my longtime friends.

Photo from CA visit in 2019: Andi, Erin and Pam
- What is with my goofy face? And back when I still dyed my hair. 

Erin and I - many years ago! 


Erin and I: In April of This Year when we celebrated my 60th Bday in CA 

Erin and I in Boise this summer, after Phil's Diagnosis

 

Two of my girlfriends are coming to visit us for a couple of days. Erin and I have been friends since I was 14, which goodness, is what, 60-14= 46 years? And Pam is one of my friends from my Chico State days, we were roomies and then she actually lived with Erin when she became a biologist for a winery in Healdsburg.

Pam lost her husband the same week that Phil was diagnosed with cancer. Erin and I reached out to try and figure when we could all get together, the three of us, to lean in.  The same week as her husband's death her daughter was graduating from high school and family were coming in for her graduation. She was overwhelmed - funeral and graduation - highs and lows - yin and yang. 

We had hoped to do something for her 60th, in November. Unfortunately, the stars did not align, until now.

Pam lives in Santa Barbara and Erin in Davis. So, since we are all now in California, we are going to finally get our time together!

I'll share photos later:)

No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...