Sunday, January 22, 2023

Week 1 of our Pause - Palm Desert, CA

I am the main driver on this adventure: LOTS of time behind the wheel
7 hours to Salt Lake, then a good 7ish hours to Palm Desert. Phil did 3.
His back and feet were hurting so I took over again.  


First night in Salt Lake: Hello Martini! We went to a distillery, 
and had steak, halibut and mac and cheese.  

Katie and Nate's House, Salt Lake
They are an amazing couple
Great parents! 

Tommie: First night of  'where the heck am I'? 

Spa Time in Salt Lake: 
Saturday's adventure? A massage! 


I brought my One Little Word goodies. 

Phil and his oldest daughter, Katie.
She was on her way to a birthday dinner bash

Part of Sunday's Drive: Bullshit weather for 5 hours
Started in the dark with ton of rain from Salt Lake for 3 hours, 
then snow over 3 or 4 passes. 
I could NOT see the stripes in the road. 
By the end my eyes were killing me! 

Phil was behind the wheel once we got to St. George
Gorgeous red rock country

From my FB surfing I have goodies like this pop up!

Our Home Away from Home! Palm Desert. 

More Pause goodies that pop up in my FB feed!

Hike up to Palm Desert Cross. This was Saturday, Sept. 21st


We hiked up to the Bighorn Overlook, on Tuesday, Jan. 17th. 
This was our 'big' hike: 4.4 miles. The hike is at the end of Frank Sinatra Drive,
and goes 'around' the Ritz Carlton.   

Wednesday, Jan. 18th we went out for a lovely dinner at a French Restaurant
I had my very first French 75

Last night, Saturday Jan. 21, we went to a super good Pizza Place 'Bill's Pizza'
We placed an order to go, so we could watch football at home, and had a beer while we waited.
GREAT pizza! 

Here we are! Selfie at Bill's Pizza. 

One of my favorite photos!
This was on the Palm Desert Cross hike, Jan. 21

And, we went and hit golf balls on Friday, Jan. 20th!
Today is Sunday, the 22nd and my back still hurts!


We have a 'regular' 2 mile walk outside the front door.
I wanted to take a photo of the 'little bananas' (flowers) along our route

More from our French restaurant experience

This was from our first hike, the Bighorn overlook 

Orange tree, in our backyard

I setup my crafty area. This is were I am with my first cup of coffee (like right now)

Tommie is happiest when she can fetch

Sunrises from here

This is actually in one of the bathrooms!
The house has a lot of Asian decor. 


Our living room 

Our regular 2 mile Walk

And a lemon tree, shot from the Master Bedroom bath window.
It was raining our first 2 days here

View from the kitchen window

Phil trying out one of the house oranges. 
They are hit and miss. 

Yes, the backyard has a pool and hot tub. The hot tub gets used daily
for our aches and pains

Another view of the kitchen

And a photo of the desert from our drive. I think this is toward Death Valley. 


 We made it! We are in Palm Desert! 

I am just sharing a photo dump from some of our first week highlights.

Each day we are trying to get in at least a 2 mile walk or hike.

We are 'warming up' to starting our golfing. Friday we hit balls, and boy, am I sore! Today, which is Sunday the 22nd, we are going to venture out and golf 9 holes on an executive course (3 Par) nearby. The bummer is, we will have to walk it and carry our clubs. Unless we can rent push carts (so no carry). We will see how we do. I know, life is rough, but this is 'us', right? 

It's supposed to be windy tomorrow and Tuesday so Phil cancelled our 18 hole reservation that was on Tuesday. Darn it. 


No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...