Thursday, April 27, 2023

Week in the Life: Monday, April 24

 

Finally, our first warm weather since October 

Morning Walk with Tommie



At work - Coffee Coral drink at lunch, a
nd my wall calendar with everything

I made a breakfast burrito for Phil - early in the morning
to make sure he ate something other than a sticky bun

It's Week in the Life with Ali Edwards. 

Monday's story is really about Phil, but you don't see it here, other than the burrito. 

And really, this entire next story is about what lead up to the burrito. Which was last week.

Phil has been running himself ragged, by not eating a real breakfast, then 'working' hard, then crashing, then being hangry. He pushed himself all last week by hosting 3 hunters from Canada, and hiking each day. Oh, I did help with dinners btw for Monday and Tuesday. Up real early to make lasagna sauce, before putting in my own 9 hour day at work. Then came home to cook, two nights, grocery shop, etc. And on Wed. I had to go to the dermatologist 1.5 hours away, come home, and they went out to a nice dinner - but Phil talked me out of them bringing me back a to-go dinner, because 'we will be hanging out and by the time we get back it will be too late for you to eat'. Which was true, but I could have ate it the next day.

Anyway, after the hunters left, then Phil had golf night Thursday. And then Friday he started helping Logan with the Baker House floor install. Followed by dinner in La Grande with his daughter and her husband.

So Friday night he finally came home, tired, and upset, from another 'talk' .

He also had a bad dream about seeing a lot of people he hasn't seen in a while, and then flying off. As in dying.

Saturday and Sunday? He worked hard again at the Baker House. He just wanted to do nothing. But Logan could only work on the weekend. This was their agreement. He was hiring Logan to put in the floor. I took them lunch on Saturday and I called him on Sunday to see if I needed to make him lunch. He declined. It was 1pm. He said he would snack when he got home and eat at the concert venue that night. 

Well, he did NOT like the food menu, and decided it was better not to eat. Like a toddler. 

He was pissy. Pissy about 'who is this Haley Hendrick'?  He was hangry and tired and by god, was he going to let me know it by pouting the whole damn time from the time we left to basically when we got home. He refused my offer to stop at a restaurant to eat before the concert, he refused to let me cook him something before we left. He preferred to pout. 

So, Monday morning, I got up earlier than my 4:30 am and made him a burrito to make SURE he ate a decent breakfast.  

So, unfortunately, that is Monday's story. 

My Monday? I felt the weight of entire week on my shoulders.

I tried to release most of it with my Monday morning walk with Tommie. 


No comments:

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...