Monday, October 29, 2007

Dos Goats - Lucy and Betty


A close up of Lucy


Lucy and Betty - Not Very Happy with Having to Bunk with the Sheep!

Our little rancher in training, Sami, bought her own goats over the summer... Lucy & Betty. So, during the summer the goats were tied up in the yard, and she checked their water, and gave them special grain snacks... She moved them about the yard to give them different grazing opportunities.

Well, Sami & Dick came to the agreement that it was time for the goats to hang out with the sheep and learn how to graze with the big girls..after all, Sami is back in school, and the grass is getting sparse! Lucy and Betty are not liking this idea... As you can see, they want back in into the cozy confines of my yard... and yes, I do say MY YARD!

These stinkers have been escaping almost every night to get into the yard. The first night I heard tell tale clop clop clop sounds on the deck while I was sleeping.. Dick thought he would 'fix them' and put an electric wire across the gate that they are sneaking through (the fence is already hot wired).... But these girls are pretty darn smart. Their trick has been to walk up to the corner by the highway, squeeze under a panel over a ditch (which the sheep never do!); walk on the highway, get to our driveway, make a right turn, then sneak into the yard.. we have a cattle guard at the end of the driveway, but goats being what they are, have found another way to get in! We even had a call about the goats on the highway.

This morning one goat stood up on the back deck and bonked her head on the window while looking into the goldfish tank sitting on the window sill - more of Sami's critters.. I'm guessing she saw green and thought 'snacks'! Yesterday Betty smacked her head into the sliding door to my bedroom...
My beautiful marigolds are now stubs. My geraniums are no longer. My mothers' day present, a yellow rose bush is sticks...I am not happy.

I am not loving the goats right now... even though they run up to me wanting snacks, because I was their babysitter when Sami went back to school... they are misbehaving.

They are cute, but they are messing with MY YARD...

Sami and Dick are supposed to fix the fence... this talk has been going on since Friday. And, as you all know, when it comes to getting things done around here (Honey Do's that is), it takes a while... sigh...

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Oh man, you've totally contracted the Criminal Element with Lucy and Betty. Fabulous! I love it. You know the Sexton Ranch need a little more criminality to keep everyone on their toes man!

Last spotted look for flower fairies. Be still my heart!!!

OMG roflmao.

Goldfish Eye Candy Love, *karendianne. hee!!!!!!

Debbie, said...

Oh, this is so funny. Being a city girl, I wouldn't be able to have a goat, but wait, my yard needs mowing, send the goats down for a while. They can entertain my cats.

Kerilou said...

Goats, too? You have your hands full! My brother has many goats, and the babies are so tiny and cute!! Hope they don't ruin your yard TOO much! Keri

Sandy said...

Oh how funny! Goats are sneaky, I never would have guessed that about them!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful photos - hey you get to see the mountains too - aren't they awesome!

Sue McGettigan said...

LOL Andi, goats are SO smart, and so eternally hungry - yikes!

2023 December Daily : Monday December 5th

  Monday's Morning Adventure This word keeps showing up for me! Again. Hope.  This is Dukey! This is Carly Sami and Lane's Dirt Road...